*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Can you convert a 2015 Transit Minibus?

Post here camper and camper conversion related stuff!

Moderator: Luke

Re: Can you convert a 2015 Transit Minibus?

Postby johnporter11 » Mon Mar 15, 2021 8:47 am

dumper wrote:
johnporter11 wrote:I'm 70 and it's NOT easy to get that C1/D1 licence recovered. I failed to complete the 9 minute treadmill test - stopped at 7 minutes due to mechanical fatigue! Nurse said she was happy with cardio performance but said DVLA are looking for athletes! SV Tech are currently helping me....

Hi John please let us know how you get on with it I will need to be doing it in a couple of years cheers.

Turned out to be relatively straightforward. SV Tech makes it sound easy. I weighed the van (stripped out, but with floor fitted, two leisure batteries and some furniture, no Adblue and not much diesel. Got a ticket for 2900kg. Later found out that it swallows at least 17kg of Adblue.
Filled in SV Tech's form. Paid them about £140 I think. They sent back new plate and certificate. Then had to re-tax it as PLG (and new MOT in the process, as it had expired). I've now sent off the application. Take note the taxation class to PLG (same as normal car) costs a lot more than minibus! Apparently may take about five weeks due to Covid measures at DVLA. Will update you when (if) all is well.
I think it was well worth the cost. I was baffled beforehand. And I've heard it said that the process is expedited because DVLA are confident about SV Tech's involvement.
johnporter11
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Re: Can you convert a 2015 Transit Minibus?

Postby dumper » Mon Mar 15, 2021 4:03 pm

Thanks John I will use SV tec when the time comes .
MK 8 L4 H3 Motorsport campervan
Past camper vans
1974 mk1 v4 with 2.0 pinto fitted
1986 mk3 2.5 di swb
1990 190 lwb 2.5 di
1998 100 lwb 2.5 di
2006 350 jumbo 135 tdci
dumper
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Previous

Return to Camper vans and conversions