*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Mk8 15 seater Minibus - L3H3 - swivel seats

Post here camper and camper conversion related stuff!

Moderator: Luke

Mk8 15 seater Minibus - L3H3 - swivel seats

Postby JD01 » Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:18 pm

Hello!

Yesterday I picked up a 2015 15 seater minibus to convert into a camper. I've never done anything like this and I cannot wait to get cracking on! I've only just come across this forum and it's been a wealth of information so thanks to everyone!!

I'm hoping to use a swivel base on the front 2 passenger seats and i'm wondering if i'm going to have an issue as there's a box in the seat which I have no idea what it is? After searching it appears to be some kind of electronic module of some sort!?!? (part number: ck41-5h298-ag)

Has anyone come across this and been able to use a swivel base? I'm assuming I can't with it being situated there as there's a fairly chunky run of cables.

Pics attached

Many thanks in advance!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
JD01

Re: Mk8 15 seater Minibus - L3H3 - swivel seats

Postby Digahole78 » Thu May 06, 2021 7:26 pm

The double seat swivel fits between the base and the seat so the contents of the base should not matter if I understand correctly
Digahole78
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby JamesHow » Tue May 11, 2021 6:37 am

I'll be watching this as I pick up my 15 plate 15 seater mk8 minibus on Friday!

Are you doing a full strip down and rebuild or a partial conversion.

Have you taken the Seats out yet was it a big job.

Cheers James
JamesHow
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby johnporter11 » Fri May 14, 2021 8:26 pm

Seats are removed by prising up spring clips in the rear mountings, tipping seat forward, and lifting up seat from the front hooks.
The spring clips are quite strong. I used a long screwdriver to pull them up, then lift the tip of the screwdriver up onto the floor. Then same for the second one.
johnporter11
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Return to Camper vans and conversions