*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Rear air Conditioning and rear heater

Post here camper and camper conversion related stuff!

Moderator: Luke

Rear air Conditioning and rear heater

Postby Peggy » Mon May 24, 2021 8:50 pm

Hi
We’ve just bought a 12 seater 2015 minibus to convert into a campervan.
We’ve took the seats out and sold them and stripped inside. We have a rear A/C and heater and wondered what most people do with it? Take it out? Leave it under the bed not to use?
Any ideas?
Peggy

Re: Rear air Conditioning and rear heater

Postby johnporter11 » Tue May 25, 2021 12:54 am

Why would you not use it? I'm just finishing a conversion on a 17 seater, which is a base model and doesn't have AC unfortunately. I wish I had it. But my base model still has all the cavities and rear box built into the trim panels. I've cut the box away, because it was a useless waste of space.
But your decision might depend on how you are going to configure your van. I wanted to retain as much of the original trim as possible. So, if I had AC in there, I'd keep it...
johnporter11
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Re: Rear air Conditioning and rear heater

Postby dumper » Tue May 25, 2021 6:01 am

Mine was only a aircon unit at the back at first i left it in on my conversion it was in a storage area at the back but it started turning everything in it damp even when never used as the coolant ran through it when the front is used so I had it removed and the pipes blocked off by a Aircon engineer. Plus point a bigger storage area my van is a l4 and with the layout taking up a big part of the interior space the front aircon is man enough so having a rear unit is of no use and you can’t use it when parked up at night I didn’t remove the rear heater unit as it is underneath the front passenger seat and having swivels if I removed it I couldn’t use the space anyway.
MK 8 L4 H3 Motorsport campervan
Past camper vans
1974 mk1 v4 with 2.0 pinto fitted
1986 mk3 2.5 di swb
1990 190 lwb 2.5 di
1998 100 lwb 2.5 di
2006 350 jumbo 135 tdci
dumper
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Return to Camper vans and conversions