*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Swivel seats- seat belt anchor position question

Post here camper and camper conversion related stuff!

Moderator: Luke

Swivel seats- seat belt anchor position question

Postby Marky146 » Sat Feb 12, 2022 8:31 pm

Now please shoot me down but...

I've just removed the bulkhead from my Transit Custom. First job in it's conversion from panel van to camper. However, i have a single Euro Driver matching seat to replace the double and a pair of Scopema swivels and the hand brake lowering kit.

My question is this. The outer main seat belt lower bolt mount. currently it's in the seat itself. The Tie down bolts go in a tantalisingly close distance away and I was wondering if I could use that bolt hole to secure the seat belt, so it doesn't pull around the seat when I swivel?

Any thoughts?

Starting to remove the wood inner panelling now. It's off to the coach builders in Morcambe next week for an SCA pop-top to be fitted!

Going to do this one right. Mobiframe SAF12 Slim seat and full composite floor and rails on order and Wallas XC duo for the heater and stove.
Marky146
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Re: Swivel seats- seat belt anchor position question

Postby dumper » Sun Feb 13, 2022 8:05 pm

On my mk8 I’ve left them in the original position I swivel the drivers seat anti clockwise so the belt goes round the rear and doesn’t give any problem the passenger I do the opposite I did look at mounting the belt anchor in the seat box but it looked like it would be in the way so l left them on the seat .
MK 8 L4 H3 Motorsport campervan
Past camper vans
1974 mk1 v4 with 2.0 pinto fitted
1986 mk3 2.5 di swb
1990 190 lwb 2.5 di
1998 100 lwb 2.5 di
2006 350 jumbo 135 tdci
dumper
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Re: Swivel seats- seat belt anchor position question

Postby 4x4 tranny » Mon Feb 13, 2023 9:45 am

Well I replaced my transit seats with a pair of Toyota Tarago rear seats which had the seat belt mounts already attached. All I done then just attach new Tarago belts which suited the seat fittings. job done and of course mounted them seats on Some ADR approved swivels. so now makes use of the cab space while set as a camper.
4x4 tranny
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Return to Camper vans and conversions