*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Transit MK7 Conversion Passenger Seat.

Post here camper and camper conversion related stuff!

Moderator: Luke

Transit MK7 Conversion Passenger Seat.

Postby Transit MK7 » Tue Jul 12, 2022 10:04 pm

Hi Guys , I’m currently in the middle of converting a 2011 transit MK7 RHD and I’m looking to remove the double seats and put a single seat in. I’ve seen a few different bits online saying people have put a drivers side seat on the passenger side. Is this possible and if so how?

Thanks
Transit MK7

Re: Transit MK7 Conversion Passenger Seat.

Postby dumper » Wed Jul 13, 2022 11:02 am

It’s easy unbolt the twin seat and bolt in the single seat it uses one less bolt you will have to swap the seatbelt anchor point to the other side and unfortunately the arm rest will be on the wrong side the only difficult bit is getting the rusted in bolts out of the floor so loads of penetrating oil on them before removal mine came out with a torque bit but from posts on here some are rib bolts if you do a search someone has listed the correct one needed.
MK 8 L4 H3 Motorsport campervan
Past camper vans
1974 mk1 v4 with 2.0 pinto fitted
1986 mk3 2.5 di swb
1990 190 lwb 2.5 di
1998 100 lwb 2.5 di
2006 350 jumbo 135 tdci
dumper
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby Dookit » Thu Jul 28, 2022 5:11 pm

I got a drivers base, just need to cut floor liner and bolts straight in, and I went with seats out a Mondeo (nightmare) just welded in a few plates and drilled new holes, from facebook forum Saab 93 seats more or less bolt straight in with a couple of new holes and looked nice. Put a couple of photos of where I'm at still drivers side to do. If you got a drivers seat just bolts straight in and swap seat belt but I wanted better seats and tbh wish I had went the Saab route as they are super comfy.

Have a look at Ford transit Camper group on facebook for ideas.

Dookit

Postby BelfastVan » Sun Oct 23, 2022 12:25 pm

Transit MK7 wrote:Hi Guys , I’m currently in the middle of converting a 2011 transit MK7 RHD and I’m looking to remove the double seats and put a single seat in. I’ve seen a few different bits online saying people have put a drivers side seat on the passenger side. Is this possible and if so how?

Thanks

OK II bought another driver seat base (Handy if you want to place your house batteries or a heater) and fitted this in place of the double seat (Predrilled so perfect)
Next I bought a swivel seat to fit this base...matches perfectly on the base

On top of that i bought two very comfy seats (These are KIA Niro )... This will need adjustment of the upper plate ) : 4 extra holes.
Perfect fit no problem with MOT

Aftertough get seats with integrated belt ...
BelfastVan
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Return to Camper vans and conversions