*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

e mountain bike van build cumbria

Post here camper and camper conversion related stuff!

Moderator: Luke

e mountain bike van build cumbria

Postby Thomastm120 » Mon Feb 06, 2023 10:38 pm

hello folks.

Ive got 2018 custom sport dciv tailgate, very very rarely are the rear seats used, im into my mountain biking and would like to be able to stay out in the van for 1 or 2 nights with the bike. anyone done a simple setup for doing the likes of this?
wanting to keep it fairly simple as i do use the van for work for carrying tools (i have racking on one side) i think its inevitable that the bulkhead needs to come out or be modified in some way as the bike currently needs to go in on an angle. its a shame the rear seats are all in one lump as well.

ive already purchased my ebersapcher night heater ready to fit

in addition im thinking: leisure battery, pure sine inverter, B2B charger, flexible solar panel, cool box/fridge and some additional lighting.
cooking wise all i want to make is a bacon sarnie in a morning so a portable gas stove should do.
possibly a discreet awning rail for a small porch awning or similar to get changed in.
:D

cheers Tom..
2018 lwb sport chrome blue
Thomastm120

Re: e mountain bike van build cumbria

Postby richbee » Wed Feb 08, 2023 6:11 pm

I'm guessing you've got a SWB, as your bike has to go diagonally? My LWB DCIV, we used to be able to fit a double airbed in the back between wheel arches - but then there was no space for the MTBs.
In the end, I've taken the seats and bulkhead out, added removable tourneo seats and semi-converted it - with sofa / bed units and side units - solar panel, leisure battery, etc. Very flexible for camping, or bikes or carrying people
richbee
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Re: e mountain bike van build cumbria

Postby Thomastm120 » Sat Feb 11, 2023 6:01 pm

richbee wrote:I'm guessing you've got a SWB, as your bike has to go diagonally? My LWB DCIV, we used to be able to fit a double airbed in the back between wheel arches - but then there was no space for the MTBs.
In the end, I've taken the seats and bulkhead out, added removable tourneo seats and semi-converted it - with sofa / bed units and side units - solar panel, leisure battery, etc. Very flexible for camping, or bikes or carrying people

no mate mines a lwb which i was very surprised at when i picked my bike up when i bought it that it wouldnt fit straight in. its about 10 inches too long for the tailgate to close. Dont suppose you have any pictures of your van?
2018 lwb sport chrome blue
Thomastm120

Return to Camper vans and conversions