*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Campervan Progress Reports - Link to all here!!

Post here camper and camper conversion related stuff!

Moderator: Luke

Re: Campervan Progress Reports - Link to all here!!

Postby Riotvan2016 » Sat Nov 12, 2016 7:19 pm

Thanks mate You can't get better than a transit camper/dayvan and a beer I will add pics and Help signs as I go in to my project. [url][/url]http://fordtransit.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=175012
Riotvan2016
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby mjjordan » Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:42 pm

Move sliding door interior knob for camper safety.
see here viewtopic.php?f=2&t=174087
if you are thinking how do i get out quickly once I've locked myself in at night when your sliding door release knob is somewhere behind the furniture you've built halfway across the sliding door opening !

I also solved the lower handbrake problem for swivelling driver's seat by removing the handbrake bracket from seatbox and, nothing fancy, just puting M8 connector nuts on the welded in studs, drilling holes in the "right" place lower down the seat box, and putting short M8 bolts through from the inside of the seatbox into the ends of the connector bolts. Ok, two of those bolts are on a slight angle, but once its all pulled tight, its just as strong as the original, with no need for headscratching about buying (non existant?) or designing/making alternative brackets!
mjjordan
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby CamperVanBeethoven » Tue May 09, 2017 10:07 pm

CamperVanBeethoven
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby scribble » Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:01 pm

Hi everyone, did post these pics in the new members section, but as there is a proper thread for progress reports, thought I should post here. Am completely new to all this, can't even tell you what the model is, but tomorrow, all things going well she should have the first of new windows installed, but at the moment,this is what we have after ripping out the previous owners work. He had her kitted out for use by one but she is now going to be used by my missus and me, lots to do and am really looking forward to it :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
scribble

Postby Campervan Handyman » Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:27 pm

Hey all, I'm Jay, in Manchester UK.....

I have a 2004 XLWB Transit minibus, converting to a camper......

It's insulated, Window frames, ceiling, flooring, lights, and have just put a roof fan in.

Next will be the electrics/gas etc (need to pay someone for that if any recommendations is Manchester? )

After that its starting with the good stuff, bed kitchen, overhead storage etc

Jay

BTW, I am "Campervan Handyman" on youtube, and I upload my progress there.

(maybe soon to be "Campervan Not So Handyman" lol)
On YOUTUBE I am "Campervan Handyman" & posting videos of my Campervan progress ! !

https://www.youtube.com/campervanhandyman
Campervan Handyman
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Campervan Handyman » Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:31 pm

Sorry if this is duplicated, I think I may have just put it in the wrong place, I am new to forums and finding it a bit complicated lol.
I am trying to post it in the "Campervan Progress Reports - Link to all here!!" place

Hey all, I'm Jay, in Manchester UK.....

I have a 2004 XLWB Transit minibus, converting to a camper......

It's insulated, Window frames, ceiling, flooring, lights, and have just put a roof fan in.

Next will be the electrics/gas etc (need to pay someone for that if any recommendations is Manchester? )

After that its starting with the good stuff, bed kitchen, overhead storage etc

Jay

BTW, I am "Campervan Handyman" on youtube, and I upload my progress there.

(maybe soon to be "Campervan Not So Handyman" lol)
On YOUTUBE I am "Campervan Handyman" & posting videos of my Campervan progress ! !

Campervan Handyman
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby wazzadj » Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:03 am

Hi Jay ,
Welcome aboard a plithera of helpfull threads and answers to just about everything except for how to get rid of RUST only joking thats in here too in fact we are all experts here when it comes to rust Greate bunch of fellow transit enthusiats on here very helpfull
kick your shoes off settle down to a Beer and enjoy the experience
feel free to intro yourself under intro's meanwhile any questions just ask, remember to post in the correct area
ok Mate luv the new ride its going to be an awesome rig !!!! heave a ball take your time and do it with love .
all the best

Wazza :D
1994 MK4 2.5DI Auto High Roof Australian Style 1996 2.5 TDI with rebuilt AUTO Bring on the power !!!!
wazzadj
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Campervan Handyman » Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:12 am

wazzadj wrote:Hi Jay ,
Welcome aboard a plithera of helpfull threads and answers to just about everything except for how to get rid of RUST only joking thats in here too in fact we are all experts here when it comes to rust Greate bunch of fellow transit enthusiats on here very helpfull
kick your shoes off settle down to a Beer and enjoy the experience
feel free to intro yourself under intro's meanwhile any questions just ask, remember to post in the correct area
ok Mate luv the new ride its going to be an awesome rig !!!! heave a ball take your time and do it with love .
all the best

Wazza :D

Hey Wazza, Thanks for a warm welcome :-) I do have a tiny bit of rust so I will find them threads hahaha

Atb, Jay

Campervan Handyman
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby mattt429 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:14 pm

Heres a link to our mk6 mwb mhr, I'll be adding some more pictures once its cleaned out - its mostly me raging about the amount of welding to get it through mot :lol: but there's a few pics of it all setup and ready to go, we use it mostly as a dayvan but have spent a few nights out in it despite not having a fridge it's nice to escape :D

http://fordtransit.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=171113
2003 MK6 T350 90PS 2.4 TDDI MWB MHR RWD
mattt429
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Beaker » Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:37 am

On the home run.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2011 SWB medium roof 2.2l Mk7 115 T300 in Frozen White. Stealth Camper converted.

"It's better to burn out, 'cause rust never sleeps..."
Beaker
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Beaker » Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:52 am

Some more:
2011 SWB medium roof 2.2l Mk7 115 T300 in Frozen White. Stealth Camper converted.

Beaker
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Beaker » Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:57 am

Bed time:

Beaker
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Beaker » Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:11 am

Lighting up time:

Beaker
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby mattt429 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:12 pm

Looks well smart Beaker mate, wish i'd thought of having the units at the back with the bed folding out like that, would've given me enough room to fit a shower/toilet in my mid wheel base :( oh well, another project for after christmas 8)
2003 MK6 T350 90PS 2.4 TDDI MWB MHR RWD
mattt429
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Beaker » Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:03 pm

Thanks for the comment Matt, I appreciate it. Yours look great too. :D

Mine's a short wheel base so I really did not have any other option but to put the kitchen where it is. I'm quite tall, so needed as much of the driver's side as possible free for a 6 foot 2 inch long bed.

The beauty of a self build is that you can swap things around if you find it's not quite working as you expected.

Here's a few more photos.

DSC_0294.JPG

DSC_0283.JPG

DSC_0284 (2).JPG

DSC_0289.JPG

Beaker
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

PreviousNext

Return to Camper vans and conversions