Transitmania 11 @Santa Pod 17th to 19th May 2019

Campervan Progress Reports - Link to all here!!

Post here camper and camper conversion related stuff!

Moderator: Luke

Re: Campervan Progress Reports - Link to all here!!

Postby mattt429 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:36 pm

No worries and thanks!, i wanted to lay mine out very similar to how you have yours there, mines a mwb medium height roof. as my wife is a bigger lass i decided to make a pretty heavy duty fold out bed using hinged mdf peices, which sit onto a ledge on each bench seat either side. However she's losing weight now her condition has been treated so i may be able to re-design a few bits :)
2003 MK6 T350 90PS 2.4 TDDI MWB MHR RWD
mattt429
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Beaker » Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:38 pm

My wife got her artist friend to paint the doors of the over the seat cupboard.

DSC_0297.JPG

DSC_0301.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2011 SWB medium roof 2.2l Mk7 115 T300 in Frozen White. Stealth Camper converted.

"It's better to burn out, 'cause rust never sleeps..."
Beaker
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Campervan Handyman » Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:23 pm

Beaker wrote:Thanks for the comment Matt, I appreciate it. Yours look great too. :D

Mine's a short wheel base so I really did not have any other option but to put the kitchen where it is. I'm quite tall, so needed as much of the driver's side as possible free for a 6 foot 2 inch long bed.

The beauty of a self build is that you can swap things around if you find it's not quite working as you expected.

Found it, cheers :-) Looks great, well organised and functional. Perfect design for a camper. I am also 6'2 so have to design my be length ways, I wanted a fixed bed and garage so I got the xlwb so that I could do that and still have room. Love the idea of the extending bed you have done, seen a few of them on youtube. I have just done the same over head storage in the cab, got it from a van scrapper.

Top build mate. That has saved you a few quid :-) cant beat a self build, as you said, can change and swap things if not happy with something.

Jay
On YOUTUBE I am "Campervan Handyman" & posting videos of my Campervan progress ! !

https://www.youtube.com/campervanhandyman
Campervan Handyman
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby vanvliet » Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:44 am

Beaker wrote:Some more:

See you are using a trusty Origo 3000 stove. If you know of anyone looking for the 'build- in' 4100 version ( just needs a cutout in the worktop ) let me know by members messages as I am selling a new one for £140
New price below
http://www.jacksonsleisure.com/caravan- ... ine-stove/
vanvliet
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby mikecustomcamper » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:46 pm

Hi

this is my link, its a 2013 Custom, had it a few months, will be my campervan once its finished.
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=183848

Mike
mikecustomcamper

Postby bluebottle » Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:26 pm

My progress reports are all on my blog here http://leekworld.com/category/campervan/ is that ok??

It's a camper. TBD: fit eberspacher, find single passenger seat, new cab curtains, finish covering ceiling, fit table.
bluebottle
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby cookie1968 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:17 am

Campervan Handyman wrote:
Beaker wrote:Thanks for the comment Matt, I appreciate it. Yours look great too. :D

Mine's a short wheel base so I really did not have any other option but to put the kitchen where it is. I'm quite tall, so needed as much of the driver's side as possible free for a 6 foot 2 inch long bed.

The beauty of a self build is that you can swap things around if you find it's not quite working as you expected.

Found it, cheers :-) Looks great, well organised and functional. Perfect design for a camper. I am also 6'2 so have to design my be length ways, I wanted a fixed bed and garage so I got the xlwb so that I could do that and still have room. Love the idea of the extending bed you have done, seen a few of them on youtube. I have just done the same over head storage in the cab, got it from a van scrapper.

Top build mate. That has saved you a few quid :-) cant beat a self build, as you said, can change and swap things if not happy with something.

Jay

Hello
i am considering an xlwb / t430 etc for a camper, at 6'2" is there enough headroom in the van?
cookie1968
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Previous

Return to Camper vans and conversions