*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Frontier Campervan

Post here camper and camper conversion related stuff!

Moderator: Luke

Re:Zig unit CF8

Postby astrowitchee » Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:47 pm

You can get theCF8 Zig manual free here

http://www.club80-90.co.uk/pages/downlo ... ig-cf8.pdf
astrowitchee
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Re: Frontier Campervan

Postby astrowitchee » Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:17 am

Dave did that pdf file get through to you?
astrowitchee
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby astrowitchee » Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:55 am

Can anyone tell me where is the waste water outlet?
Used the van last week but can even see a waste tank, it say in the manual its adjacent to the rear step......we dont have a rear step but cant see anything under the rear door..... :(
astrowitchee
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Re: Frontier Campervan potty

Postby astrowitchee » Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:37 pm

Those of you who still have the porta potty in their frontiers is it a Bipot....is that a fiamma?
I can't seem to find a replacement that will fit in the cupboard.
astrowitchee
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby billnfi » Sun Jun 20, 2010 7:24 pm

Hi, dont know if you still have the camper? Just seen the thread. I have an F reg 2ltr Petrol one and gues what !!!! I have the instruction manual for the van.
If you still need a manual private mail me and I will pdf it for you. The pics you posted have been taken off so cant see what yours is like. Will link a pic of the front of mine.

Billnfi
billnfi
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby davev6newman » Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:21 pm

Your toilet is a Porta Potty 335. Around £80.00 for a new one.
davev6newman
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby Ked » Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:28 pm

What sorta MPG do you get from this?
Ked
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby billnfi » Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:30 pm

Hi, averages around 25mpg. Just in the process of finnishing an lpg conversion. Just need tank fitting and certificating.

Billnfi
billnfi
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby nnightingale85 » Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:38 pm

Hi!!

So glad i have found this post! The campervan in the pics is the exact same one we have bought! :-)

I am having trouble turning the bed into a double bed, it didnt seem to come with any cushions in the middle. I have figured out that i need to pull up the floor board, and maybe put the table at the top end??

Does somebody have a picture of the double bed?

Thank You!!!

Natalie
nnightingale85

Postby davev6newman » Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:28 pm

Which van have you got from this thread?
davev6newman
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby davev6newman » Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:50 pm

As you can see from the pictures you have to pull the middle section of the floor up and lock into place, then you side both front seats forward and recline them all the way, then the rear seats slide forward and down to meet them.

You should now have 2 extra cushions under the rear seat to infill the space.....But what i noticed was there was a small cushion missing that fits inbetween the gap of the front seats, i rolled up a sleeping bag and shoved it in there, but i would have got a bit of foam cut to size if i had kept it.
davev6newman
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby nnightingale85 » Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:08 pm

That is great, Thank You! Think we are missing the spare cushions so will make some out of foam!

Our van is the same layout as yours, its a 1988 F Reg. Did you get your seats upholstered, our passenger seat was broken, so we have found a chair but it has no head rests so, just got to fix that, would like to get them recovered though.

Also, when we drive there can be a smell of petrol, husband says its running rich? do you know if this is a common problem?

(this is our first campervan so its all new to us!

Again, thanks for your quick reply!!! :-)
nnightingale85

Postby davev6newman » Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:41 pm

The seats were already recovered when i got the van, good job they were too.

First thing i would check for if you smell petrol is check the pipe connection onto the carb, it might be dripping out of there.

You could weaken the mixture if you think it is running rich, is the tail pipe sooty, or if you take a plug out are they sooty or are they a nice clean colour. I always use a colour tune kit for getting the mixture right.

Has it been serviced? Check the air filter to see if its dirty.
davev6newman
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby lotus_anne » Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:56 pm

Hiya. I have also got the same van - 1989 petrol Frontier, I got it in April but had carb problems until I replaced it in August so didnt go away in it until then. But I absolutely love it, the layout is brilliant, really well thought out and versatile. When we were parked up camping, we had it loads of different ways, as there was a few of us, like settee down the drivers side, with or without front seats swivelled round. You can have 2 settees, thats where the extra cushions for bad can also be used. Even when the bed/ beds are up you can get at everything else in the van, and you can get out the back door if needs be. You can screen off the back section with the wardrobe door and have a private washdown at the sink with your own hot water!! Its soooo cool!!! I am normally in a tent so this is luxury with a capital L!! Has yours got the original melamine plates/bowls mugs/wine glasses etc? I am still enjoying buying things for it - actually I just got some small wire baskets for kitchen accessories with suckers on so they are easily removable for travel if needs be, for washing up liquid,etc - on offer in Lidyl this week for a fiver!

Happy camping! Anne
lotus_anne
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby nnightingale85 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:33 pm

Thanks Again for the replies and advice, will get the hubby to check those things you said over the weekend and let you know, but maybe it is a carb problem. Hopefully nothing too expensive though, lol.

Yeah we love it too, its not in as good condition as the ones in the pictures a few dents and rusty holes that we are sorting and inside the front passenger seat had broken, searched everywhere for one, finally found one on Ebay, but it doesnt have a head rest, so going to try and put the old head rest on someway. It also doesnt slide so cant make the bed, but going to have to go to someone who can weld for that. Have found a place in Stockport that recovers the seats at a reasonable price, so will look a lot better when thats done, and the carpet is awful, so will replace that, would like to do it myself but it looks quite tricky.

Ours doesnt have the original plates etc, that would have been fab!, it is missing the cushions for the bed, but going to cut the foam from the old front passenger seat and get them covered. It does have one big long cushion, but i assume thats for the top bunk as it is too wide for the double bed. We dont have the porta potty either, but we do have the shower curtain, lol.

Cant wait till its all done so we can get out on the road! will try and get some pics of it up!

xx
nnightingale85

PreviousNext

Return to Camper vans and conversions