*NOW BOOKED FOR 2026* Transitmania 17 @ Santa Pod 17th to 19th July 2026 *ALL DETAILS HERE*


KrillKill's MK2 Mini Camper

Post here camper and camper conversion related stuff!

Moderator: Luke

KrillKill's MK2 Mini Camper

Postby KrillKill » Wed May 26, 2010 3:06 pm

Hi everyone!

This is my first post on this great forum and in this thread I will share some progress of my simple camper conversion. I have recently bought a 1983 Ford Transit and I will try to do a simple and cheap motorhome of it. I will post some pictures as my work goes on and I hope someone will find i interesting. My spelling and grammar might be a bit odd because I usually dosn't write in English (I'm from Sweden), but hopefully you will understand.

Image

Image

Image
Last edited by KrillKill on Thu May 27, 2010 9:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar
KrillKill
Transit Addict
Transit Addict
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon May 10, 2010 5:40 pm
Location: Sweden

Re: KrillKill's MK2 Mini Camper

Postby nesbitt » Wed May 26, 2010 3:59 pm

Looks a very nice example
nesbitt
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado
 
Posts: 479
Joined: Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:26 pm

Re: KrillKill's MK2 Mini Camper

Postby madmark » Wed May 26, 2010 4:02 pm

welcome :wink:
madmark
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist
 
Posts: 15467
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2005 4:29 am

Re: KrillKill's MK2 Mini Camper

Postby KrillKill » Fri May 28, 2010 9:24 am

nesbitt wrote:Looks a very nice example
Yes, it's nice, no corrosion at all.
madmark wrote:welcome :wink:
Thank you!


Image
Image
Here I haved covered the holes in the back doors with thin plywood.
Last edited by KrillKill on Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
KrillKill
Transit Addict
Transit Addict
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon May 10, 2010 5:40 pm
Location: Sweden

Re: KrillKill's MK2 Mini Camper

Postby KrillKill » Mon May 31, 2010 7:27 pm

The fitting of the new floor plywood.
I used OSB-Plywood because its cheaper.

Image
Old carpet.

Image
Removing old floor, carpet, anchor loops.

Image
Cleaning the floor.

Image
Cutting the OSB-Sheets.

Image
Fitting and drilling holes.

Image
Filling the holes where the anchor loops have been mounted.

Image
Cutting screws and attach the sheets.

Image
Finished, ready for the laminate floor.
Last edited by KrillKill on Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
KrillKill
Transit Addict
Transit Addict
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon May 10, 2010 5:40 pm
Location: Sweden

Re: KrillKill's MK2 Mini Camper

Postby KrillKill » Mon May 31, 2010 7:40 pm

I have painted the inside of the van white, and it looks and feels much better.

Image

Image

Image
User avatar
KrillKill
Transit Addict
Transit Addict
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon May 10, 2010 5:40 pm
Location: Sweden

Re: KrillKill's MK2 Mini Camper

Postby Luke » Mon May 31, 2010 7:51 pm

wow very nice 8) 8)
User avatar
Luke
Site Admin
 
Posts: 44565
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2005 12:53 am
Location: Rotherham, Yorkshire!!

Re: KrillKill's MK2 Mini Camper

Postby KrillKill » Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:33 am

Luke wrote:wow very nice 8) 8)

Thanks, the white and orange goes well together.

Here's some progress on the laminate floor.

Image
Calculate to get i right.

Image
Think before cutting, you only get one chance.

Image
Starting to get somewhere.

Image
Taking a break with coffee and some reading.

Image
The last pieces.

Image
Done!
Last edited by KrillKill on Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
KrillKill
Transit Addict
Transit Addict
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon May 10, 2010 5:40 pm
Location: Sweden

Re: KrillKill's MK2 Mini Camper

Postby projectzip » Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:43 am

loving this one.
Mk2 is my favorite style!
Image
My Race Support Vehicle / Camper Project www.exit13.biz one off graphics to full race car livery's.
projectzip
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado
 
Posts: 176
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:16 pm
Location: Luton

Re: KrillKill's MK2 Mini Camper

Postby KrillKill » Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:35 am

projectzip wrote:Mk2 is my favorite style!

Yes, cool vehicles :)


I have mounted some sheet metal skirting-boards by the doors, this will prevent dirt and damp to get under the floor.

Image
From the sheet-metal worker.

Image
Back door, before fitting.

Image
Back door, after fitting.

Image
Side door, after fitting. In this picture you also see the skirting-board on the wall against the seats.
Last edited by KrillKill on Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:48 am, edited 4 times in total.
User avatar
KrillKill
Transit Addict
Transit Addict
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon May 10, 2010 5:40 pm
Location: Sweden

Re: KrillKill's MK2 Mini Camper

Postby madmark » Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:37 am

:shock: to find a mk2 in that orginal condition is very rare :shock: what a find :wink:
madmark
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist
 
Posts: 15467
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2005 4:29 am

Re: KrillKill's MK2 Mini Camper

Postby KrillKill » Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:10 am

madmark wrote::shock: to find a mk2 in that orginal condition is very rare :shock: what a find :wink:

I was lucky to find it so close to my home (I live out in nowhere).

I have been working on the windows lately, time consuming and boring.
Here's some pictures.

Image
Old stickers on the back window.

Image
Window cleaned from stickers.

Image
The small windows didn't have any rubber seal.

Image
Mounting the rubber seal.

Image
Removing old window tint.

Image
Removing the glue from the window tint.

Image
Windows cleaned and started with new darker tint.

Image
Image
Image

Several days of hard work, cleaning and tinting, finally done!
User avatar
KrillKill
Transit Addict
Transit Addict
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon May 10, 2010 5:40 pm
Location: Sweden

Re: KrillKill's MK2 Mini Camper

Postby KrillKill » Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:05 am

I'm done with the grinding and painting on my roof rack.
Here are some picture of the work.

Image
Before grinding.

Image
After grinding.

Image
After grinding.

Image
Black metal paint, Hammerite.

Image
Painted.

Image
I had to paint it once more after it was mounted, painful.

Image
Finally done.
User avatar
KrillKill
Transit Addict
Transit Addict
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon May 10, 2010 5:40 pm
Location: Sweden

Re: KrillKill's MK2 Mini Camper

Postby KrillKill » Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:27 am

It's been a while since my last post but I've haven't had much time to spare.
The work on the van is going quite well and I will post some pictures more regularly now.

Good news, I found an Eberspächer Gasoline Heater mounted under the van.
My brother help me get it running and I have installed heater pipes to the back of the van.

Image
If you do not have the right tools you are in for a lot of extra work :?

Image
Lots of small holes become one big hole.

Image
Pipe that will go through the floor.

Image
Sealing with silicone.

Image
In place and secured.

Image
The curved pipe that will connect to the heater.

Image
Warm air outlet.
User avatar
KrillKill
Transit Addict
Transit Addict
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon May 10, 2010 5:40 pm
Location: Sweden

Re: KrillKill's MK2 Mini Camper

Postby projectzip » Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:41 pm

You lucky bugger!!
A Sweet Mk2 with a heater!

JEALOUS
Image
My Race Support Vehicle / Camper Project www.exit13.biz one off graphics to full race car livery's.
projectzip
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado
 
Posts: 176
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:16 pm
Location: Luton

Next

Return to Camper vans and conversions



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated.