*NOW BOOKED FOR 2026* Transitmania 17 @ Santa Pod 17th to 19th July 2026 *ALL DETAILS HERE*


Hello

New member? Post here to say Hi, tell us about yourself and your Transit!

Moderators: Luke, AlanN

Hello

Postby Qwin » Mon Apr 07, 2025 2:11 pm

Hi, I just joined the forum.
I'm in the process of purchasing a Mk8/9 AWD 350 L3 H3 with the view of turning it into a camper van.
I got fed up of getting stuck in a FWD motorhome.
The wife insists the van has to have all the creature comforts that we had in the motorhome, but I will be trying for a light weight build.
It will be just two berth, built around our specific needs, plus fishing trips with a mate or festivals with another, so just a double bed at the back with storage underneath is not going to work for us. I'm a retired product designer and already have thoughts on a practical layout.
I will be trawling through the old posts, for info on everything to do with camper conversions, plus suspension lifts and wheel/tyre combinations.
The next six months are going to be busy. :D
Ken
https://www.jkwynn.co.uk/Camper/Camp_Thumbs.html
2020 Mk8 350 AWD L3H3 Camper conversion under way.
User avatar
Qwin
Transit Addict
Transit Addict
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Mon Apr 07, 2025 1:07 pm
Location: Carlisle UK

Re: Hello

Postby Altransit » Mon Apr 07, 2025 4:18 pm

Welcome to the forum :D
1994 Mk4 SWB 115 Minibus 70ps Di (R.I.P.)
1997 Mk5 SWB 115 Minibus 70ps Di (Gone, but not forgotten!)
2004 Mk6 SWB T280 Medium Roof 85PS 2.0 TDDi - Vantunered (Also gone)
2008 Mk7 SWB T280 Medium Roof 85PS 2.2 TDCi - Also Vantunered
User avatar
Altransit
Site Moderator
 
Posts: 42102
Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2006 12:23 am
Location: Bicester, Oxfordshire, UK

Re: Hello

Postby Luke » Tue Apr 08, 2025 12:04 am

welcome on board mate :D
User avatar
Luke
Site Admin
 
Posts: 44567
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2005 12:53 am
Location: Rotherham, Yorkshire!!


Return to Welcome



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated.