*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Hello

New member? Post here to say Hi, tell us about yourself and your Transit!

Moderators: Luke, AlanN

Hello

Postby Matt-TDI » Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:16 pm

Hello everyone, I've decided to sign up to the forum to gather information and helpful tips for my new (to me) MK7 Transit Sport 140. I Collected it two weeks ago and I do love the van. Ever since they were first released i always thought they looked brilliant but of course my personal need for a van of that spec and price made owning one just a notion. I seen this van forsale and it ticked alot of boxes and I decided to bite the bullet and go for a viewing. I don't usually go looking at vehicles unless I actually plan on buying or can afford to buy. I've sold a few second hand cars and worked in a Dealership for a spell and I cant stand people kicking tyres just because they have a few hours free. I don't like my time being wasted and I wouldn't want to waste anyone else's. Anyway after viewing and a test drive, on which i made a few calls to mechanics asking things like " should it does this" and "Should it sound like this when i do this" as my knowledge for transits is limited and I was giving alot of money (to me) so i just wanted it to be perfect. After being set straight by the mechanic i was more than happy on how it looked and how it drove. I went back to the dealership (Ilex Cars) had the conversation and did the deal. The dealership was more than helpful and were honest with me about the vehicle so I will keep on the Servicing with them as they know the van and it keeps me right going forward.

Anyway here is a few snaps of the van. I will update it as i go along but its the usual stuff, upgraded lights and keeping on top of it. Thankfully it has had an underseal throughout its life and Ilex undersealed it again for me as part of the deal so hopefully we can keep the rust at bay.

After a week the taxbook came back so i could put my plate on

That's all for now but I will try to update the thread with pictures as we go.

I would like members opinions and tips on stuff I should look out for going forward. Considered a map further down the line but still undecided.

Thanks for viewing
Matt-TDI

Re: Hello

Postby Luke » Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:05 am

welcome to the forum mate :D
Luke
Site Admin

Re: Hello

Postby Altransit » Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:14 am

Welcome to the forum :D
1994 Mk4 SWB 115 Minibus 70ps Di (R.I.P.)
1997 Mk5 SWB 115 Minibus 70ps Di (Gone, but not forgotten!)
2004 Mk6 SWB T280 Medium Roof 85PS 2.0 TDDi - Vantunered (Also gone)
2008 Mk7 SWB T280 Medium Roof 85PS 2.2 TDCi - Also Vantunered
Altransit
Site Moderator

Return to Welcome