*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Sayin hello and making my excuses in advance.

New member? Post here to say Hi, tell us about yourself and your Transit!

Moderators: Luke, AlanN

Sayin hello and making my excuses in advance.

Postby Stitch » Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:58 am

Yello,

I’m me, I have a real name, but with the exception of my mam everyone calls me Stitch [long story].

I have wanted to own a transit for years, but due to complete failure of brain I have 4 kildren and so I’ve had to own a car. However time is a beautiful thing and 2 of my kids are now 20odd and teenage and therefore won’t be seen dead around me as I’m an utter embarrassment, might be to do with the fact that I am (and I’m being serious) certified insane or the fact that I have a Mohawk, a tattooed head and generally lark about and take the mick out of life.

Anyway as I now need only 3 seats, my dream has become a reality, it might not be pretty and it ain’t new, but I bought it outright and it’s pure me. Outside is absolutely box standard, drivers cabin box standard (hidden Bluetooth reciever), but rear cabin....now there’s the me.....colour changing led strips....work lights....insulated from roof to floor....soundproof curtain separating the cabin from the rear...custom checker plate 1/4 bulkhead, with a kick ass amp, speakers and sub (all second hand cos I have no money cos as I said I have kids).....rear and side door inner painted black....plus a rather ott winch to drag my bikes in....and finally a hammock, which matches the ones on my varander and bedroom, yep I sleep in a hammock (told ya certified) but madness and genius are the same thing.

I’ve owned the van for a month and worked my bllx off to make it the way I wanted, but it’s a work in progress.

It’s a 2011 swb 85bhp van, might not be fancy but it’s the only four wheeled vehicle I’ve ever named.... yep I love it that much. It’s done 110k and I’m the second owner.

I have had many careers, but due to some serious mental health issues have been retired on ill health from the NHS, apparently crazy and nurse don’t go well. I always figured I was crazy to become a nurse in the first place. So now I spend my life building or restoring motorcycles in a garage with no electricity or heating (but I do run an extension cable in if needed)

Anyway, we’ll done for reading this far, I’d of given in two paragraphs ago....

I gotta say though....the tranny is even better than I’d dreamt.
confused, bemused and bewildered.....and that’s on a good day
Stitch
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Re: Sayin hello and making my excuses in advance.

Postby Altransit » Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:37 am

Welcome to the forum :D

Having four kids was my excuse to sell the car and buy a Transit Minibus back in the nineties, but they're not so easy to insure these days :(
1994 Mk4 SWB 115 Minibus 70ps Di (R.I.P.)
1997 Mk5 SWB 115 Minibus 70ps Di (Gone, but not forgotten!)
2004 Mk6 SWB T280 Medium Roof 85PS 2.0 TDDi - Vantunered (Also gone)
2008 Mk7 SWB T280 Medium Roof 85PS 2.2 TDCi - Also Vantunered
Altransit
Site Moderator

Postby Stitch » Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:53 am

Tbh I had a time insuring mine as I had over 9 years no claims on a car, but a lot wouldn’t accept it on the van, but I kept lookin and got sorted £300 fully comp....told them exactly what it was and what I was gunna do.
Insurance companies will look for any excuse to not pay out. Better to be straight up and leave them no excuses should any little scumbug look at it wrong or if an accident occurs.
confused, bemused and bewildered.....and that’s on a good day
Stitch
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby Luke » Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:20 pm

welcome on board mate :D
Luke
Site Admin

Return to Welcome