*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Hey

New member? Post here to say Hi, tell us about yourself and your Transit!

Moderators: Luke, AlanN

Hey

Postby Rabbipie » Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:08 am

Hi,

May name is Matt based in Fareham Hants, I have a 2.4 RWD 2010 Luton that Im in the process of converting into a tiny home on wheels for my 4 year old my lady and I to live in and travel as much as we can to climates more exotic. So far I've replaced the oil cooler as it blew and filled the coolant with oil. Changed over the thermostat and housing as was brittle and cracked when removing pipes. In the back I had to replace one side with aluminium and the flooring due to water ingress. Looking forward to starting the build but having some issues with her starting at the moment.
She has developed an issue were she turns over chases a little then stops, she was smoking a little on start up (fuel heavy smell in the smoke) shaking a little and showing engine management light and battery light for 10 secs then both went out when engine settled.
She will occasionally run but only for a short while. I checked filter (external only) and the service indicator had gone from green to red in the matter of two days.
Ive put a post in tech to see what ideas any one has any ideas so far come across PRV, Crank sensor and filter issues including air getting in from the return pipes.
Any and all help appreciated guys need to get her running and ready for the big adventure.
Rabbipie
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Re: Hey

Postby Altransit » Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:48 am

Welcome to the forum :D
1994 Mk4 SWB 115 Minibus 70ps Di (R.I.P.)
1997 Mk5 SWB 115 Minibus 70ps Di (Gone, but not forgotten!)
2004 Mk6 SWB T280 Medium Roof 85PS 2.0 TDDi - Vantunered (Also gone)
2008 Mk7 SWB T280 Medium Roof 85PS 2.2 TDCi - Also Vantunered
Altransit
Site Moderator

Return to Welcome