*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Hello from Estonia

New member? Post here to say Hi, tell us about yourself and your Transit!

Moderators: Luke, AlanN

Hello from Estonia

Postby Vallol » Sun May 19, 2019 8:20 am

Hello,

I needed something to clean up my backyard and found a rusty 90 transit trailer to suit my price range. The vehicle is heavily modified. Back section of the frame was completely cut off and replaced. It now has double rear axles and to help loading/unloading the frame folds in the middle of the vehicle. It also has air suspension in the back to lower the rear end. Huge problem with the double rear axle is that only 1 of them is actually delivering power to the ground. The second one is just to take the load. = half the traction and lots of wheel spin.
Also I already replaced the engine due to turbo being bad on the first one. I have a question regarding these forums. I sometimes get links to threads that are off limits for me. Is there a hidden tech area?

Best Regards,

V
Vallol
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Re: Hello from Estonia

Postby Altransit » Sun May 19, 2019 10:08 am

Welcome to the forum :D

There are no hidden technical sections on this forum, as a member, you have access to them all.

There are obviously some hidden admin sections, and it may be that the threads you've been trying to look at have been moved there, due to having issues, such as deleted pictures, which have ruined the thread. We lost a lot of heavily illustrated threads when photobucket removed the external links to their picture hosting :(
1994 Mk4 SWB 115 Minibus 70ps Di (R.I.P.)
1997 Mk5 SWB 115 Minibus 70ps Di (Gone, but not forgotten!)
2004 Mk6 SWB T280 Medium Roof 85PS 2.0 TDDi - Vantunered (Also gone)
2008 Mk7 SWB T280 Medium Roof 85PS 2.2 TDCi - Also Vantunered
Altransit
Site Moderator

Postby Luke » Tue May 21, 2019 6:46 pm

hello and welcome to the forum :D
Luke
Site Admin

Postby Vallol » Mon May 27, 2019 10:04 am

It seems I may be a bit of an engine addict. After replacing the original engine I found a bosch pump from citroen/peugeot van and fitted it to the dead transit lump. I started it on a pallet with the turbo missing as it was pretty much shot and I was worried it would shoot its pieces to the intake or poor so much oil that it would run out of control. Surprisingly, after some fiddling to get the air out, it started and ran pretty well. It gave me some good color smoke and throttle reaction felt more like an old carbed gasoline engine rather than a slow ass diesel. It could be due to that there was no back pressure from turbo nor was there any air filer or hoses. I still need to figure out some levers for the throttle and since I have really never been too interested in diesel, there is also a mystery lever on the pump that I need to figure out what it's for:D Surprised how addictive these old motors are. Kinda fed up with all the electronics. I also got a larger kkk turbo from the same peugeot/citroen, but it needs adapters to fit transit. If anyone still plays with them and is interested, I'll post my progress if there is any.
Vallol
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby Vallol » Mon May 27, 2019 11:12 am

A major score. A local scrap yard is closing down and I managed to get couple of old bosch pumps, couple of turbos and coolers. Nothing straight for transit, but lots of stuff to modify.
Vallol
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Return to Welcome