*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Hola from a new member in Cardiff

New member? Post here to say Hi, tell us about yourself and your Transit!

Moderators: Luke, AlanN

Hola from a new member in Cardiff

Postby BigBernie1969 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:58 am

Hi everyone,

I'll probably spend some time going through the various posts in an attempt to bring my knowledge up to speed before I post very much, but while I do, I thought I did ought to introduce myself. I'm Big Bernie, and I've just bought my first Transit (well, just over a week ago), a 2010 T280 Sapphire. I've been the (mostly) happy owner of a 1981 VW T3 for the last 11 years, but I decided that it was time to upgrade to something a little more modern and reliable. So far, I have to say I'm enjoying the Transit experience!!

So, a bit about me - I'm 50, a mature student studying psychology and counselling at degree level, working part time in a petrol station when I'm not head down in a text book, and playing guitar in an amazing rock 'n' roll / rhythm and blues revue band when I'm not up to either of the first two :) I've bought the van to transport myself to work, and the band and equipment to gigs. I've got a reasonable level of mechanical knowledge and experience (when you own a T3, you need it!!) and have already been to work on the new Transit to sort a niggly electrical issue - everytime I put my foot on the brake pedal the rear fog lights and left hand indicator came on :D :D The fault was traced to a demic passenger side bulb holder in the rear passenger side light cluster.

I'm looking forward to getting to know the forum and its members, best wishes to you all,

Big Bernie
BigBernie1969

Re: Hola from a new member in Cardiff

Postby Altransit » Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:53 pm

Welcome to the forum :D
1994 Mk4 SWB 115 Minibus 70ps Di (R.I.P.)
1997 Mk5 SWB 115 Minibus 70ps Di (Gone, but not forgotten!)
2004 Mk6 SWB T280 Medium Roof 85PS 2.0 TDDi - Vantunered (Also gone)
2008 Mk7 SWB T280 Medium Roof 85PS 2.2 TDCi - Also Vantunered
Altransit
Site Moderator

Re: Hola from a new member in Cardiff

Postby Luke » Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:29 pm

welcome to the forum mate :D
Luke
Site Admin

Return to Welcome