*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

New Member from Isle of Wight

New member? Post here to say Hi, tell us about yourself and your Transit!

Moderators: Luke, AlanN

New Member from Isle of Wight

Postby Iangooner » Tue May 25, 2021 1:13 am

Hi all , new to forums in general so bare with me , noob about transits and chat groups , that being said I'm ian I'm 31, a general builder on the Isle of wight and I come from a family thats always had ford's, my dad always having transits through my childhood , so naturally once I started working with him once i was out of my time eventually I got my own transit , unfortunately this was an 07 mk7 mob which lasted all of 8 months as engine wrecked itself within that time , had the timing chain miss 3 cogs or at least that was what the AA told me , was going to have to pay thousands for a replacement engine , having paid 3k to get it , seemed steep so that went to a breakers yard , I now have an old and much worse looking Transit 300 SWB TD 2.0 75HP which I've had for about 2 months now , had to do alot of work to get it the way I wanted , for a start its an old b.t fleet van so had a safe between the passenger single seat which both had to come out and I fitted a double instead (checked by an mot mechanic) in the back was a heater and coolant boiler of some kind which again I removed and had checked , the floor reinstated and rust attended to as a gardener had it before me so was wet as hell inside , it's now decked out with the proper shelving units and plyd I've added more shelving kept the b.t floor reinforced structure as it's old and I didn't want the hassle , got a fair few parts as we're missing a mirro back , some hub caps and have wired in a extra power outlet in the back for a mobile dvd player I use when out chilling , fixed one of the interior rear lights as was missing lens and contacts for bulbs were rusty so now works perfect , got a mk7 interior rear light for the second one with original on/off rocker switch that I salvaged , the b.t roof rack is back to working order too , was painted by previous owner to hide the cills in the usual areas , but its heaps better then worrying about a mk7 that kept cutting out in idle after having egr done , anyway that's me and my van and alittle history , cheers
Transit 300 Mk6 Swb TD 2001 75HP
Iangooner

Re: New Member from Isle of Wight

Postby Altransit » Tue May 25, 2021 8:22 am

Welcome to the forum Ian :D
1994 Mk4 SWB 115 Minibus 70ps Di (R.I.P.)
1997 Mk5 SWB 115 Minibus 70ps Di (Gone, but not forgotten!)
2004 Mk6 SWB T280 Medium Roof 85PS 2.0 TDDi - Vantunered (Also gone)
2008 Mk7 SWB T280 Medium Roof 85PS 2.2 TDCi - Also Vantunered
Altransit
Site Moderator

Re: New Member from Isle of Wight

Postby Luke » Tue May 25, 2021 9:03 pm

welcome to the forum mate :D
Luke
Site Admin

Return to Welcome