*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

New here

New member? Post here to say Hi, tell us about yourself and your Transit!

Moderators: Luke, AlanN

New here

Postby Motorhomemadness » Tue May 31, 2022 12:06 pm

Hi all,

I,m Kate and own and live full time in my motorhome a transit 2.2 tribute 720 sports x. The engine used to be 140 BHP and remapped to 180 BHP to smooth the power delivery, the standard was too ratty.

Have a few problems, one is a handling issue no one can seem to find, it kicks, on the right side, the right side makes a creaking sound and when braking over small bumps can hear rattling, weaves like mad in the wind which it never did when new. and feels like both wheels are doing their own thing. It's been in three garages, they can hear the noise but can't find the faults. the steering wonders to the left yet the tracking is straight. It had new bushes, and new brakes but no new lower arms, One garage did say one lower arm bush looks a bit odd but didn't think it's the issue. The torque steer is mental, being front-wheel drive, can't put the power down uphill without it spinning up in damp conditions, its always the front right wheel that has no grip even with new tyres.

They wondered if it's a weight issue on something that's not 100% right but not showing up when checked. in a garage?

Second is the odd power levels the engine puts out, it has days where the power is very good, 6th gear at 1600 RPM at 60 mph and I don't have to hard press the throttle in the wind or not, it just wants to go no matter what, the next day the engine seems to struggle, power isn't smooth, hitting the power the engine holds back then goes, it sounds if its struggling. the guys who remapped said it sounds like the DPF filter may not be in good shape, doing the manual high RPM burn seems to never work, the cooling fans run often and not what Ford states at about 300 miles, more like every 50 miles. Its fuel range used to be 28-32 MPG with the remap. It now does 18-23MPG no matter how I drive it and the van is 200 KG lighter than a standard sports x motorhome, So would a decat work better?

I call my van The Wild Thing because its way wilder than anything I have driven including power motorbikes I have owned in the past,
Motorhomemadness
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Re: New here

Postby Luke » Tue May 31, 2022 9:53 pm

welcome to the forum Kate :D

try asking the questions in the tech section you'll get more people read them and should get some pointers :D
Luke
Site Admin

Postby Motorhomemadness » Tue May 31, 2022 11:50 pm

Hiya,

I wrote all that out, posted it then caught on DOHHHHH, I copy and paste it to the techy bit tomorrow lol.
Motorhomemadness
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Altransit » Sat Jun 04, 2022 2:21 pm

Welcome to the forum Kate :D
1994 Mk4 SWB 115 Minibus 70ps Di (R.I.P.)
1997 Mk5 SWB 115 Minibus 70ps Di (Gone, but not forgotten!)
2004 Mk6 SWB T280 Medium Roof 85PS 2.0 TDDi - Vantunered (Also gone)
2008 Mk7 SWB T280 Medium Roof 85PS 2.2 TDCi - Also Vantunered
Altransit
Site Moderator

Postby Motorhomemadness » Sat Jun 04, 2022 2:40 pm

Chairs mate
Motorhomemadness
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Return to Welcome