*NOW BOOKED FOR 2026* Transitmania 17 @ Santa Pod 17th to 19th July 2026 *ALL DETAILS HERE*


New jumbo

The all new 2013 Transit Mk8 Forum. Transits 2013+

New jumbo

Postby leemac » Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:35 pm

Evening all, returning to the transit after 4 years with a sprinter
Just ordered a magnetic grey L4 H3 trend 125 but was gobsmacked to get a 22 week delivery time quoted :shock:
I told the dealer I'm waiting until march if its not here by Xmas
Also just waiting on confirmation that my van qualifies for the 5year warranty and 4 years servicing and roadside assistance.
It needs to be ordered by 30th September and registered by 31st December
But with 22 weeks to build it that's impossible, FMC need to confirm it.
leemac
Transit Addict
Transit Addict
 
Posts: 71
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2005 7:43 pm

Re: New jumbo

Postby joiner12007 » Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:18 pm

I'd get the 155PS engine with a van that size mate, I have the 155PS L3 H2 MK 8 and to be honest it no quicker than my old 130PS MK 7 but I put that down to the ratio on the gearing. I had the L2 H2 Demo van with the 125 engine and it was as flat as a witches tit :? !
joiner12007
Transit Addict
Transit Addict
 
Posts: 81
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:54 pm

Re: New jumbo

Postby leemac » Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:38 pm

I was in 2 minds with doing that but to be honest I test drove both and wasn't impressed with either but like the whole package so went with 125 cos I couldn't justify the extra cost
155 had nice low down torque but not as good as the sprinters
leemac
Transit Addict
Transit Addict
 
Posts: 71
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2005 7:43 pm

Re: New jumbo

Postby joiner12007 » Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:49 pm

The 155 was actually cheaper than the 125 when they priced my van as did get a price for both even though I knew I was going to go for the 155
joiner12007
Transit Addict
Transit Addict
 
Posts: 81
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:54 pm

Re: New jumbo

Postby 75psT330lwb » Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:51 pm

think with the sprinters its the gearing thats why theyre so jerky to drive!
Custom Ecoblue
75psT330lwb
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic
 
Posts: 2613
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2007 2:21 pm
Location: Sunny Sheffield

Re: New jumbo

Postby leemac » Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:14 pm

75psT330lwb wrote:think with the sprinters its the gearing thats why theyre so jerky to drive!

Yeh deffo agree with that. I was going for another sprinter there just way too dear brand new and a bit dated so went for the not quite a looker transit. I'm happy with my choice
leemac
Transit Addict
Transit Addict
 
Posts: 71
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2005 7:43 pm


Return to Mk8 Fourth Generation Transits



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated.