Transitmania 10 @Santa Pod 18th to 20th May 2018

2014 350 2.2 trend h2 l3 electrical issue

The all new 2013 Transit Mk8 Forum. Transits 2013+

2014 350 2.2 trend h2 l3 electrical issue

Postby rattytcb » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:18 pm

Hello all

im having trouble with my transit and hoping someone can help

driving down the motorway the other day i looked down and noticed that some of my dash lights have come up and ive lost some functions

lights showing are abs, traction control and its flagging up hill start not working, its also lost the auto lock function, the alarm (gemini) has also ceased to work as has the cruise control. called out the rac and its flagged up the following faults

Diagnostic Codes
RAC DIAGNOSTIC SYSTEM
System Type: ENGINE SYSTEM TEST/VALUES
Name: CYR5 - TDCI - 2.2L - 92 (125)
DTC: P0672,Cylinder 2 Glow Plug Circuit
System Type: BRAKES
Name: ANTI-LOCK BRAKING SYSTEM - DIAGNOSE
DTC: U0401,Invalid data received from engine control module/powertrain control module
DTC: C0039,Right rear tone wheel
DTC: C003A,Rear right wheel speed sensor
System Type: AIRBAG ELECTRONICS (SRS)
Name: AIRBAG - RESTRAINT CONTROL MODULE
DTC: U0401,Invalid data received from engine control module/powertrain control module

i have disconnected all of the plugs around the ecu which appeared to be very wet, water getting in through windscreen gutter and i have cleaned and bagged up these
i have also put a rubber floor mat screwed to the van to make a gutter and stop these from getting wet in the future

the ecu i have sent off to the ecu testing centre in derby and had it tested its come back fine

my van was broken into back in may by someone spiking the lock on the driver door, i have had this replaced, but also have had the wiring disconnected from the central locking so that you can only open the back doors from the key fob and not through the key lock, that has been fine since May but could this cause a issue?

i have heard of there being issues that the wiring loom runs near the heater matrix and can cause the issues im having but thought id like to hear from you all before attempting taking the dash out of the van

this seems to run true due to the fact my radio has been getting worse and worse reception over the last month or so, is something melting back there?

im open to any ideas please

many thanks
rattytcb

Re: 2014 350 2.2 trend h2 l3 electrical issue

Postby RECKLESS ROAD » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:07 pm

front battery dead or dying :?: a dying aux battery will throw up loads of warning lights
RECKLESS ROAD
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Return to Mk8 Fourth Generation Transits