*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Issues

The all new 2013 Transit Mk8 Forum. Transits 2013+

Issues

Postby Trojan Wurzel » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:33 pm

Hi all , I have an ongoing problem with a 65 plate 350 . Had it breaking down a couple of times . And the fault code was P2539 . Low pressure fuel system sensor , changed the blocked fuel filter and it ran fine for a week or so but it's just broken down again , RAC man says wiring fault but I am not sold on that theory so can anyone shed some light on the areas I should be looking at . The fuel filter was pretty bad and a fair bit of sediment in the housing but I checked again today and it was clean .
Trojan Wurzel

Re: Issues

Postby Trojan Wurzel » Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:10 am

Im still having problems with this van cutting out , when it does it stops completely and after 20 mins wait it starts and runs fine for a day or two , The only fault code is P2539 . Can anyone point me in the right direction to what is causing this?
Is there a primary pump in the tank???
Trojan Wurzel

Re: Issues

Postby Frag » Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:07 pm

Yes,they have an electric pump In fuel tank,
I'd suggest listening for it working,next time it faults,it will run for about 30 seconds when you first turn ignition on.
If you can't hear it,thumping bottom of fuel tank in centre sometimes makes them work again.
At which point it's likely time for a new pump.
Frag
Ford Technician

Return to Mk8 Fourth Generation Transits