Transitmania 12 @Santa Pod 15th to 17th May 2020


Fitting clutch ..what's the score

The all new 2013 Transit Mk8 Forum. Transits 2013+

Fitting clutch ..what's the score

Postby maccavvy » Fri May 22, 2020 11:35 pm

Clutch has started slipping. Going to get hold of a new one and fit over the bank holiday.
Anything to look out for ? Going for an LUK one.
Keeping the van. Fly is quiet and rattle free so leaving that alone
Mk8 310 trend FWD and a 5.7 ls1 monaro RWD
maccavvy
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado
 
Posts: 154
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:18 am
Location: south yorkshire

Re: Fitting clutch ..what's the score

Postby bambi mk 1 » Sat May 23, 2020 12:02 am

maccavvy wrote:Clutch has started slipping. Going to get hold of a new one and fit over the bank holiday.
Anything to look out for ? Going for an LUK one.
Keeping the van. Fly is quiet and rattle free so leaving that alone

You need to look out if its a mk 6,7,or 8 if its rwd or fwd .I am guessing its a mk 8 fwd but there are grumpy old git's on here that will eat you without salt for not posting the model ,isnt that right Knobby :mrgreen: :wink: :P
On the sixth day God created a Sprinter on the seventh he gave it away and bought a TRANSIT
User avatar
bambi mk 1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist
 
Posts: 8302
Joined: Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:05 pm
Location: 24 Years living next door to Alice

Re: Fitting clutch ..what's the score

Postby dumper » Sat May 23, 2020 12:53 am

What mileage have you done mate
MK 8 L4 H3 Motorsport campervan
Past camper vans
1974 mk1 v4 with 2.0 pinto fitted
1986 mk3 2.5 di swb
1990 190 lwb 2.5 di
1998 100 lwb 2.5 di
2006 350 jumbo 135 tdci
dumper
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic
 
Posts: 2752
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:56 pm
Location: Lincolnshire

Re: Fitting clutch ..what's the score

Postby KevofCov » Sat May 23, 2020 9:38 am

dumper wrote:What mileage have you done mate


Same question here - motorway miles or round town? much towing?
KevofCov
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado
 
Posts: 356
Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:18 pm

Re: Fitting clutch ..what's the score

Postby maccavvy » Sat May 23, 2020 11:29 pm

Sorry for the lack of info
Mk8 2.2 fwd 310 trend
97 k .
I've owned it 3 months was used as a mobile tyre fitter.
So I'd assume a mix or town and motorway
Mk8 310 trend FWD and a 5.7 ls1 monaro RWD
maccavvy
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado
 
Posts: 154
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:18 am
Location: south yorkshire

Re: Fitting clutch ..what's the score

Postby dumper » Sun May 24, 2020 7:42 am

Cheers for that not to bad a mileage I think someone on hear had one go at 30000 mls and at the time said that he knew of some more .
MK 8 L4 H3 Motorsport campervan
Past camper vans
1974 mk1 v4 with 2.0 pinto fitted
1986 mk3 2.5 di swb
1990 190 lwb 2.5 di
1998 100 lwb 2.5 di
2006 350 jumbo 135 tdci
dumper
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic
 
Posts: 2752
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:56 pm
Location: Lincolnshire

Re: Fitting clutch ..what's the score

Postby V184 » Sun May 24, 2020 3:41 pm

maccavvy wrote:Sorry for the lack of info
Mk8 2.2 fwd 310 trend
97 k .
I've owned it 3 months was used as a mobile tyre fitter.
So I'd assume a mix or town and motorway


Good luck leaving the flywheel :shock:
User avatar
V184
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic
 
Posts: 3096
Joined: Thu Jun 08, 2006 8:16 pm
Location: You're right, V184 is an arsehole with a chip on his shoulder........

Re: Fitting clutch ..what's the score

Postby maccavvy » Sun May 24, 2020 3:43 pm

V184 wrote:
Good luck leaving the flywheel :shock:


Why's that then ?
Mk8 310 trend FWD and a 5.7 ls1 monaro RWD
maccavvy
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado
 
Posts: 154
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:18 am
Location: south yorkshire

Re: Fitting clutch ..what's the score

Postby bambi mk 1 » Sun May 24, 2020 3:45 pm

V184 wrote:
maccavvy wrote:Sorry for the lack of info
Mk8 2.2 fwd 310 trend
97 k .
I've owned it 3 months was used as a mobile tyre fitter.
So I'd assume a mix or town and motorway


Good luck leaving the flywheel :shock:

It will be easier removing the box the second time as he will remember the things he forgot the first time :wink: :mrgreen:
On the sixth day God created a Sprinter on the seventh he gave it away and bought a TRANSIT
User avatar
bambi mk 1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist
 
Posts: 8302
Joined: Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:05 pm
Location: 24 Years living next door to Alice

Re: Fitting clutch ..what's the score

Postby V184 » Sun May 24, 2020 4:16 pm

bambi mk 1 wrote:
V184 wrote:
maccavvy wrote:Sorry for the lack of info
Mk8 2.2 fwd 310 trend
97 k .
I've owned it 3 months was used as a mobile tyre fitter.
So I'd assume a mix or town and motorway


Good luck leaving the flywheel :shock:

It will be easier removing the box the second time as he will remember the things he forgot the first time :wink: :mrgreen:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
User avatar
V184
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic
 
Posts: 3096
Joined: Thu Jun 08, 2006 8:16 pm
Location: You're right, V184 is an arsehole with a chip on his shoulder........


Return to Mk8 Fourth Generation Transits



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

croncroncron