*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

MK8 LWB H/R transit "SERVICE NOW"

The all new 2013 Transit Mk8 Forum. Transits 2013+

MK8 LWB H/R transit "SERVICE NOW"

Postby wilks » Mon Jul 19, 2021 10:44 pm

HI Members. I have occured a problem today on my 2015 MK8.

This afternoon my mechanic replaced a N/S driveshaft and pads to both O/S and N/S along with the pad sensors. Filled and bled oil to gearbox...I tested it drivewise and all seemed OK and don't think what i'll mention later has any bearing on my fault but thought I better just mention it, I went out to work on a 30mile journey and then stopped to buy some materials. 30 mins after all started well then after 200mtrs I got the donging warning chime and on the dash a "SERVICE NOW" ...then complete shutdown of all electrics.

I wait a short while and elecs come back but on trying to start its not allowing to turn over and just again on dash "Service Now" and shutdown. We tried uncoupling the battery and seeing if that would reset but still the same.

I have had service, oil...pads but maybe its the clearing codes.??

Any ideas or has anyone had the same, does this brain in my van know that ive done a certain distance without clearing a code or am I looking in the wrong place??
Thanks in advance. Wilks.
wilks
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Re: MK8 LWB H/R transit "SERVICE NOW"

Postby Sam123 » Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:08 am

That's a weird one. The fault is almost certainly related to the earlier work, too much of a coincidence not to be. So it'll be worth checking all around every area that was worked on.

What do you mean by 'complete shutdown of electrics'? As far as I'm aware, that isn't an intended response to a fault condition - that is a fault in itself. I'd check all the connections/wiring plugs in the areas that were disturbed. I'd pay particular attention to the ABS wiring. I've had a similar issue on a different car, where a loose ABS block wiring plug was preventing the engine even turning over. Also check crank sensor wiring, which is probably close to the driveshaft.

It's worth getting it plugged in to some proper diagnostic software, something like Forscan not a generic OBD reader, to see what fault codes are generated. They should at least give you a good clue.
Sam123
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Sam123 » Tue Jul 20, 2021 12:02 pm

Also check the starter motor - check whether its receiving power when you turn the key/check the solenoid correctly engages/disengages.
Sam123
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby wilks » Tue Jul 20, 2021 3:19 pm

Thanks ill check all and let you both know.

Cheers
Wilks
wilks
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby wilks » Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:50 pm

Hi again.

I havnt got anywhere yet with my above problem...but I did see a video on how to do a get rid of ''full service now'' reset light.

It said to push down accelerator and brake pedal 20secs.

I can't push brake down because it went solid when my engine cut out while I was driving/ trying to come to a stop.

Any ideas to sort that solid pedal so I can try it.

Thanks
Wilks
wilks
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby dumper » Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:48 pm

It probably works off the brake light switch so if the brake lights are on when pressed it may be ok.
MK 8 L4 H3 Motorsport campervan
Past camper vans
1974 mk1 v4 with 2.0 pinto fitted
1986 mk3 2.5 di swb
1990 190 lwb 2.5 di
1998 100 lwb 2.5 di
2006 350 jumbo 135 tdci
dumper
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Return to Mk8 Fourth Generation Transits