*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Power loss and engine service

The all new 2013 Transit Mk8 Forum. Transits 2013+

Power loss and engine service

Postby Marwood » Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:51 am

Hi, I've got a mk 8 Transit minibus jumbo 2.2.

I'm getting the engine service now and total loss of power after an hours driving(almost to the minute) on the motorway. Switching off and on resolves the problem but it will then reoccur every 10 or 15 mins if I stay on the motorway. On A and B roads there is no problem.

Had the DPF regen and an ad blue reset but problem remains. Plugged in and producing P2563 code.

I've seen all sorts to be blame, sensors, intercooler pipe hole, actuator.

But with this specific code can anybody shed any light?

The guy who did the DPF regen is saying he's a bit baffled by it. Persisting with him for now as I've already paid £430.
Marwood

Re: Power loss and engine service

Postby johnporter11 » Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:41 pm

I've had a similar problem. It was diagnosed as a faulty Charge Air Temp Sensor. It's down on the intercooler pipe on the left hand side, easy got at and easy fix. Small torx self tapper on the bracket. Sensor pulls off. £17 from a dealer.
johnporter11
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby steve58 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:43 pm

Had the same problem with my van ,removed the sensor unplug wiring and the torx screw ,cleaned it with some brake and clutch cleaner ,refitted and no problem now for over three weeks
steve58
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby johnporter11 » Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:39 pm

I did that also, and it was good. But it went into limp again after 80 miles. So I got a new one.
johnporter11
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Marwood » Mon Mar 21, 2022 8:11 pm

Sorry for the delayed reply guys but still struggling with this. No luck with the sensor.

I've since had turbo actuator done and ad blue injector.

Problem remains.

It seems to be triggered by an hour or so on the motorway. So a steady prolonged spell at 60mph. Then I get total loss of acceleration along with "engine service required" and "ad blue system malfunction, no restart in 300 mile"

Don't have problems on short journeys or a or b roads.

Switching off and on gets the van going again but same thing then happens 3 or 4 more times. After switching off and on, going through that cycle a few times, the engine management light comes on. It then seems to behave itself. All very odd.

All warnings eventually disappear.

Still got the p2563, P2562 and P20EE codes.

One thing I have noticed is a good amount of smoke if I put my foot down in 2nd gear. Don't know if that's related.

Ford are noq saying they suspect the variablw veins are sticking and ita a new turbo. They don't sound all that confident. Seems more of a guess. I've tried turbo cleaners but they haven't made a difference.
Marwood

Postby recklessroad » Sun Mar 27, 2022 10:50 am

not saying this is the answer and its been mentioned before but check the intercooler pipe that it hasnt rubbed a hole where it touches the chassis rail , i had these symptoms including loss of power and engine service message and 3 codes and it was that, it is a common fault
recklessroad

Return to Mk8 Fourth Generation Transits