*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

2017 2.2TDCI "Missing a beat"

The all new 2013 Transit Mk8 Forum. Transits 2013+

2017 2.2TDCI "Missing a beat"

Postby gislisveri » Wed May 18, 2022 12:00 am

Hello all,

I'm having a hard time figuring out what is wrong with my Transit. It is a 2017 mini bus, with 150.000km on it, RWD 2.2 liter.

On moderate loads, usually around 2000rpm it seems to cut the fuel for a blink of an eye, but repeatedly with around 1s interval. If I let go of the throttle, or floor it it goes away immediately. Speed makes no difference and neither does temperature. It also occurs with the cruise control on.
One PCM DTC is present, something to do with AdBlue heater element, but it has been there since I bought the bus and long before my troubles started.
So far I have replaced the throttle body, inspected the EGR actuator, replaced the MAF sensor with no change. Ran a leak test on the injectors which were perfectly fine. Replaced the fuel filter twice, still no difference.

There is no lack of power (except for the factory fitted deficiency) when it's not cutting out and the fuel milage is fine.
I have Forscan and have checked everything I can think of but must be missing something. Any ideas appreciated.

PXL_20211028_171259713.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
gislisveri

Return to Mk8 Fourth Generation Transits