*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

ABS Faul but no dash light.

The all new 2013 Transit Mk8 Forum. Transits 2013+

ABS Faul but no dash light.

Postby Gaz_ham » Tue Aug 09, 2022 7:46 pm

20220715_082934.jpg
Hello all.

I've been told I have no ABS by my local mechanic, the dash light doesn't come on and diagnostics so no fault on the ABS section of ford scan, but error code U0315: 81-A8 on the IPC scan on fordscan.

Anyone heard of anything similar? It seems to be a battle to get a garage to offer an opinion on it, 2 have said they can't offer to fix it so far.
Thanks for your time.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Gaz_ham

Re: ABS Faul but no dash light.

Postby Scoob220 » Sat Sep 03, 2022 9:57 am

Did you get to the bottom of this? It looks to me that your mechanic software isn't compatible with your van i.e can't read it. If you got no fault code and no abs light up how do you know your abs isn't working? I would wait for a wet day and stamp on the break to see if they work.
In the past I've had problems with abs/ wheel censor and in my experience it will cause a multitude of other problems because they use 1 signal wire for more than one component. I find the electrics on these vans not very good, if one thing goes wrong it plays havoc with other things and makes the van undrivable when it shouldn't.
Scoob220

Re: ABS Faul but no dash light.

Postby Gaz_ham » Sat Sep 10, 2022 7:28 am

I haven't got to the bottom of this yet. When I switch the van on, an abs off light switches on quickly then off straight away and sometimes on the trip computer a message pops up for a second saying something like check brakes, but goes off too quickly to read.
It was due to go in to Fird to look at it, but it wouldn't start and needed a new starter/oil pump which has only just been resolved. Once I've saved up again I'll be getting the van in snd looked at and I'll post an update.
Tha ks for the reply.
Gaz_ham

Return to Mk8 Fourth Generation Transits