*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Fault P204F Ford Transit 2016 Minibus

The all new 2013 Transit Mk8 Forum. Transits 2013+

Fault P204F Ford Transit 2016 Minibus

Postby SuperMari0 » Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:36 am

Ford Transit 2016 2.2 17 seater Minibus.

Engine Management light came on and the Engine service now message too. Had the codes read and it came up with: P204F Reductant System Performance Bank 1.

Symptoms:
-The vehicle struggles to gain power to speed up.
-Engine management light and warning message.

The adblue level in the vehicle is close to full and has never been empty in the vehicle. I have been told by a mechanic that the P204F code refers to a problem with the adblue system.

I've had a DPF problem a few months ago. The DPF was cleaned out in a machine, fitted with a new fuel vapouriser and exhaust gas temp sensor. The DPF was then re-calibrated. The vehicle started working perfectly again.
DPF Cleaning video a few months ago: https://streamable.com/1rvjo6

Regarding this new problem (P204F Reductant System Performance Bank 1) I have booked in with a Ford Transit dealership. I will let you know what they say.
oie_MlK8xCxa43kG.jpg

oie_4IoKGYhw3neD.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SuperMari0

Re: Fault P204F Ford Transit 2016 Minibus

Postby KevofCov » Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:46 pm

Yes -let us know how you got on.
KevofCov
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby SuperMari0 » Thu Jun 30, 2022 3:54 pm

Ford team rang me and told me that they need to do 2 forced regens because of high soot levels and the fault code P204F did not appear on their diagnostics.

I told them that the DPF was cleaned in march and fitted with a new vapouriser. 2 other garages have read the error code P204F and say it is an adblue problem which as a result is causing high soot levels in the DPF.

I also mentioned that I read on this forum that P204F means there could be an issue with the adblue heater or pump. I was told that "If anyone was taking stuff from forums then they would all be mechanics."

It is very strange that other garages have read the code P204F on their diagnostic computer but Ford have not.

Now they will perform 2 forced DPF regens and then take it from there. I will update on the situation.

So far charge quote: Diagnostic and 2 regens- £270.
SuperMari0

Postby SuperMari0 » Wed Jul 06, 2022 11:41 am

Update 2:

Ford technician has confirmed the engine management light on dash and the ad blue light, confirmed multiple DPF and reductant system issues.

I informed them that the issue is with the adblue pump or heater and thermostat. The adblue is the underlying problem and changing the thermostat will make the DPF regen. This is the advice I found from this forum but the ford team disagreed with this and said that solution is for a different type of vehicle. They will not be able to road-test the vehicle unless the DPF is changed is what I was told.

Ford were adamant that I must change the DPF.

Ford tried taking sensors off the DPF but they broke so now they told me that the DPF sensors "were seized" and I need to replace them. These sensors are 2 to 3 months old so I find it strange how they could seize. (temperature sensor and the Knox sensor).

The new cost for everything is £1,755.79inc – this includes diagnostics, regen attempts, new DPF and sensors.

They informed me the vehicle is now ready for collection.
SuperMari0

Postby metalworker0 » Sat Jul 16, 2022 8:07 pm

All i can say is wow ..glad i can do most of the stuff myself
could not afford to run a van with bills like that.

As regards snapping things off, only very junior mechs in their first week on the job, are going to do things like that, a more senior one would try to undo it ..realise its tight ..and then would try other methods to try and take them out, without damaging them.

Looks like you are paying for their mistakes ..seems to me, you're better doing it yourself (that's if you are young enough) ...least you only have yourself to blame then ...and you yourself learn by those mistakes - and even if you made those mistakes its not going to cost you anywhere near what you are paying out.

All the best.mark
metalworker0
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby SuperMari0 » Fri Jul 22, 2022 6:01 pm

Update 3:

A few days later after collecting the vehicle the Engine management has come back on. I gave the vehicle back into Ford and have been told the vehicle requires a reductant heater. Price: £572.45 Inc Vat.

I feel like I have been robbed. I told them since the beginning that the issue is with the adblue heater or pump and that is the underlying issue as to why the DPF was not regenerating. I told them that many people on this forum have had the same issue but they completely ignored me saying a lot of bullshit really and were adamant that the DPF should be changed.

They took a job which should have cost me under £800.00 and made it into thousands for no reason. They changed the DPF when it did not need changing, they broke a few months old DPF sensors when trying to remove them and then making me pay for new sensors.

The new cost for everything is £2328.24.
SuperMari0

Postby SuperMari0 » Fri Jul 22, 2022 6:05 pm

metalworker0 wrote:All i can say is wow ..glad i can do most of the stuff myself
could not afford to run a van with bills like that.

As regards snapping things off, only very junior mechs in their first week on the job, are going to do things like that, a more senior one would try to undo it ..realise its tight ..and then would try other methods to try and take them out, without damaging them.

Looks like you are paying for their mistakes ..seems to me, you're better doing it yourself (that's if you are young enough) ...least you only have yourself to blame then ...and you yourself learn by those mistakes - and even if you made those mistakes its not going to cost you anywhere near what you are paying out.

All the best.mark

I did not want to goto Ford in the first place but other mechanics/garages were refusing to touch my van because the issue is adblue related. I had no choice but to goto ford.
SuperMari0

Postby SuperMari0 » Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:30 pm

Does anyone know where I can send my complaint and deal with Ford?
SuperMari0

Postby rhallyb » Thu Feb 02, 2023 11:14 pm

Hi,

Interested in where you got to with Ford on this. I had mine in last week for a Reductant heater fault code which they said they couldn't find. They ran a check on the AdBlue system with no faults. Done 10 miles since and a P204F fault came up today.

R
rhallyb

Return to Mk8 Fourth Generation Transits