*NOW BOOKED FOR 2026* Transitmania 17 @ Santa Pod 17th to 19th July 2026 *ALL DETAILS HERE*


Which Windscreen washer fuse? (With photos)

The all new 2013 Transit Mk8 Forum. Transits 2013+

Which Windscreen washer fuse? (With photos)

Postby motorhomer2018 » Tue Apr 28, 2026 7:17 pm

Evening all

I have a 2018 ford transit based motorhome, but today the washer jets are not working.

When I pull the stalk the wipers move, but no water comes ..... I can't hear the pump either.

Ive attached some fuse photos so you can point me in the correct direction

I have checked the red 7.5A fuse and visually that looks OK

Thanks in advance
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
motorhomer2018
Transit Addict
Transit Addict
 
Posts: 68
Joined: Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:00 am

Re: Which Windscreen washer fuse? (With photos)

Postby 2tall » Fri May 01, 2026 6:52 am

Are you sure the washer pump fuse is in that fuse box?

The manual of my 2018 Transit says the washer fluid pump fuse is in the BCM fuse box. Haven’t personally checked it though so not sure if that’s correct or not.
User avatar
2tall
Transit Addict
Transit Addict
 
Posts: 94
Joined: Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:04 pm
Location: Finland

Re: Which Windscreen washer fuse? (With photos)

Postby motorhomer2018 » Fri May 01, 2026 8:06 am

Thanks for replying. I asked Google and it mentioned that particular fuse.

Im away at the moment and my manual is at home so that is all I had to go off

I'll see if I can work out what fuse is what when I get back
motorhomer2018
Transit Addict
Transit Addict
 
Posts: 68
Joined: Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:00 am

Re: Which Windscreen washer fuse? (With photos)

Postby motorhomer2018 » Sun May 03, 2026 9:45 am

Morning
I am now back at home with my handbook in front of me (but my motorhome at the moment is in the storage facility)

Can you confirm that you are looking at the fuse layout for the 2.0l and not the 2.2l?

I ask, as the only mention of a washer pump fuse was on page 200 (F6 ..15amp) which is for the 2.2l BCM layout
motorhomer2018
Transit Addict
Transit Addict
 
Posts: 68
Joined: Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:00 am

Re: Which Windscreen washer fuse? (With photos)

Postby 2tall » Sun May 03, 2026 7:09 pm

motorhomer2018 wrote:Morning
I am now back at home with my handbook in front of me (but my motorhome at the moment is in the storage facility)

Can you confirm that you are looking at the fuse layout for the 2.0l and not the 2.2l?

I ask, as the only mention of a washer pump fuse was on page 200 (F6 ..15amp) which is for the 2.2l BCM layout

You're absolutely right, I was looking at the online version of the 2018 manual and was in the 2.2 section :x

Just checked the printed version as well and it's the same: the fuse is there for the 2.2 but not for 2.0. So perhaps it doesn't have a dedicated fuse anymore.
User avatar
2tall
Transit Addict
Transit Addict
 
Posts: 94
Joined: Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:04 pm
Location: Finland

Re: Which Windscreen washer fuse? (With photos)

Postby metalworker0 » Sun May 03, 2026 9:41 pm

i cant find the fuse either

this is the owners manual

https://www.fordservicecontent.com/Ford ... ldtype=web

so 2 euro standards for fuses

looked through both

I searched with the words
"wash" "wind" and "pump" .. I know they may not be complete words but my computer does find them with incomplete words

all i can find is the rear washer pump--- don't suppose there is any chance that the rear pump fuse covers both

if so its:
R8 In the Passenger Compartment Fuse Box - on both euro standards - note: this is a relay not a fuse

all the best.mark
User avatar
metalworker0
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist
 
Posts: 6073
Joined: Wed May 05, 2021 4:43 pm
Location: Prestatyn

Re: Which Windscreen washer fuse? (With photos)

Postby metalworker0 » Sun May 03, 2026 9:57 pm

BTW the brand new washer pumps are cheap from £6 on ebay and £23 for a gen ford one

and a little more digging suggests some of the pumps are dual pumps .. two outlets for front and rear,
look at the specs here

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/136832796569?

all the best.mark
User avatar
metalworker0
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist
 
Posts: 6073
Joined: Wed May 05, 2021 4:43 pm
Location: Prestatyn

Re: Which Windscreen washer fuse? (With photos)

Postby motorhomer2018 » Mon May 04, 2026 12:17 pm

Thanks for the responses.

I've now ordered a new pump as it looks like its not going to be a fuse.

Hopefully it will sort out the problem.

I'll report back either way.
motorhomer2018
Transit Addict
Transit Addict
 
Posts: 68
Joined: Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:00 am

Re: Which Windscreen washer fuse? (With photos)

Postby motorhomer2018 » Sun May 17, 2026 12:55 pm

SOLVED ....... Sort of.

TLDR ..... it was not the fuse it was the pump.

I thought I would update this thread just in case someone else stumbles across it. The new pump for a Mark 8 transit was ordered off eBay as per the link above, however I have attached a photograph of the pump that was installed on my 2018Transit. As you can see they have a different connect on the top as this one is angled that I removed. However I have forced it into place and water is now being squirted onto my windscreen, any clues on why I have the angled pump?
If it fails an MOT in the future I will get a different pump installed.

Also it doesn't seem to squirt as far.

I asked Google to try and identify the part number from a photo of the worn number and it has come up with the following
BV61-17K624-B

But at least it works

thanks to everyone who helped
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
motorhomer2018
Transit Addict
Transit Addict
 
Posts: 68
Joined: Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:00 am

Re: Which Windscreen washer fuse? (With photos)

Postby metalworker0 » Sun May 17, 2026 1:21 pm

does not squirt far


over the years depending on how hard your water is .. washer fluid can calcify in the jets ... sometimes a fine sawing needle in the jet will clear it.

all the best.mark
User avatar
metalworker0
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist
 
Posts: 6073
Joined: Wed May 05, 2021 4:43 pm
Location: Prestatyn


Return to Mk8 Fourth Generation Transits



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated.