*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Mk8 transit L5 dropside

The all new 2013 Transit Mk8 Forum. Transits 2013+

Mk8 transit L5 dropside

Postby phoenix123 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:22 pm

Hi I have ordered a transit L5 dropside and before I ordered it I was assured that the corner and rear posts was removable To assist with loading ( we transport sheds so essential they can come out the way regularly )
/

The vehicle was delivered and these are bolted in place so we rejected it , as we have in writing that it is removable now they are say oh they are replaceable for maintenance etc I said so Is the engine but it doesn't mention that in the sales book and I would not want to do it 10 times a day as we would have to with the posts (but that's noT removable ) apparently it changed 4 years ago and is now impossible for them to achieve ????

It states in the online catalogue removable

My question is does any one have any info or a photo of a newer one with removable posts from my reasarch it appears the "premium dropside " offers this but can't find any concrete proof that it's possible on the ford systm , if they had said it's bolted I would never if ordered ,

Any help would be apricihated so I can go back to them and say look it's possible !!

Many thanks
phoenix123
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Return to Mk8 Fourth Generation Transits