*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Add blue

The all new 2013 Transit Mk8 Forum. Transits 2013+

Re: Add blue

Postby Punto443 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:12 pm

120 multijet?
Your bullets cannot harm me, my wings are like a shield of steel

2018 Renault trafic
my old mk7
my old mk6
my xr3i
Punto443
Site Moderator

Postby V184 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:02 pm

Punto443 wrote:120 multijet?

180 2.3 power eu6 8)
V184
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby bambi mk 1 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:05 am

V184 wrote:

180 2.3 power eu6 8)

Adblue consumption good gearbox consumption out of this world :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
On the sixth day God created a Sprinter on the seventh he gave it away and bought a TRANSIT
bambi mk 1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby man le-mans » Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:42 pm

Just topped it up and it’s taken about 8 litres with 1750ish miles. When I go on the trip it just says it’s ok, shame it’s not got a gauge you can check with
MK8 L2H2 T350 TREND 68 plate silver 130bhp
Mk7 MWB M/R T350 TREND 2010 SILVER 115BHP
MK7 MWB M/R T350 2009 BLUE 115BHP (crap)
MK6 MWB M/R T280 full electric pack silver 2003 85BHP
Smiley face T reg L/R SWB ex BT
man le-mans
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby V184 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:29 pm

bambi mk 1 wrote:
V184 wrote:

180 2.3 power eu6 8)

Adblue consumption good gearbox consumption out of this world :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

180 fitted with the stronger box :wink:
V184
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby sigtravel » Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:38 pm

I seen on a Transit facebook group to avoid any AdBlue supplier with the word 'GREEN' in it. Apparently the chemical compound in it just doesn't agree with fords engines.

I always use the pumps now, always cheaper than the big bottles - even at motorway services.
sigtravel
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby man le-mans » Fri Nov 23, 2018 7:47 am

sigtravel wrote:I seen on a Transit facebook group to avoid any AdBlue supplier with the word 'GREEN' in it. Apparently the chemical compound in it just doesn't agree with fords engines.

I always use the pumps now, always cheaper than the big bottles - even at motorway services.

I never knew you can get adblue at petrol stations on pumps, I put halfords stuff in tho I will now look about
MK8 L2H2 T350 TREND 68 plate silver 130bhp
Mk7 MWB M/R T350 TREND 2010 SILVER 115BHP
MK7 MWB M/R T350 2009 BLUE 115BHP (crap)
MK6 MWB M/R T280 full electric pack silver 2003 85BHP
Smiley face T reg L/R SWB ex BT
man le-mans
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby V184 » Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:53 pm

man le-mans wrote:
sigtravel wrote:I seen on a Transit facebook group to avoid any AdBlue supplier with the word 'GREEN' in it. Apparently the chemical compound in it just doesn't agree with fords engines.

I never knew you can get adblue at petrol stations on pumps, I put halfords stuff in tho I will now look about

A lot of Shell garages seem to have them, always use them with our Sprinter :wink:
V184
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby bigjohnthomas » Fri Nov 23, 2018 1:58 pm

Adblue is a trademark so it's the same sh*t even if the supplier has frilly piss stained pantaloons and a turnip growing out of each ear
Init boss
bigjohnthomas
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby hughesyn » Sat Nov 24, 2018 4:41 am

bigjohnthomas wrote:

Adblue is a trademark so it's the same sh*t even if the supplier has frilly piss stained pantaloons and a turnip growing out of each ear
Init boss

The Ultimate, Supreme, Power Plus Adblue will improve mpg and feel like more horsepower, whilst keeping your Adblue tank nice and clean. Well worth the extra coin.
Don't use supermarket Adblue. It's made in the Far East from the urine of small furry animals, which are then killed to make the furry bit on bobble hats. It will kill your engine. It's all over Facebook.

If you don't buy your Adblue from a Ford authorised main dealer, your warranty is void anyway. My cousin had a blown brake bulb and they refused to fix it under warranty because he didn't have receipts to prove he has used genuine Ford Adblue for the last two years. A week later his engine blew up and he had to scrap the van. Now he's got a left hand drive Fiat.

It's not worth the risk.
2023 Mk8 DCIV 170 auto L3H2
hughesyn
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby V184 » Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:02 pm

hughesyn wrote:
bigjohnthomas wrote:

Init boss

The Ultimate, Supreme, Power Plus Adblue will improve mpg and feel like more horsepower, whilst keeping your Adblue tank nice and clean. Well worth the extra coin.
Don't use supermarket Adblue. It's made in the Far East from the urine of small furry animals, which are then killed to make the furry bit on bobble hats. It will kill your engine. It's all over Facebook.

If you don't buy your Adblue from a Ford authorised main dealer, your warranty is void anyway. My cousin had a blown brake bulb and they refused to fix it under warranty because he didn't have receipts to prove he has used genuine Ford Adblue for the last two years. A week later his engine blew up and he had to scrap the van. Now he's got a left hand drive Fiat.

It's not worth the risk.

WTF has a brake bulb got to do with ad blue :?
V184
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby Mike » Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:25 pm

V184 wrote:
hughesyn wrote:If you don't buy your Adblue from a Ford authorised main dealer, your warranty is void anyway. My cousin had a blown brake bulb and they refused to fix it under warranty because he didn't have receipts to prove he has used genuine Ford Adblue for the last two years. A week later his engine blew up and he had to scrap the van. Now he's got a left hand drive Fiat.

It's not worth the risk.

WTF has a brake bulb got to do with ad blue :?

X2, what a complete and utter load of shite!
Mike
Wind up merchant!

Postby ME » Sat Nov 24, 2018 4:03 pm

hughesyn wrote:
bigjohnthomas wrote:

Init boss

It's not worth the risk.

Little confused as to how a premium adblue can in prove performance and mpg :?
Mercedes Vimto Premium
ME
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby dumper » Sat Nov 24, 2018 4:13 pm

I bet there are not many HGVs and PSVs running on premium adblue and as it’s sqerted in to the exhaust system not the engine it’s no going to help improve fuel mileage
MK 8 L4 H3 Motorsport campervan
Past camper vans
1974 mk1 v4 with 2.0 pinto fitted
1986 mk3 2.5 di swb
1990 190 lwb 2.5 di
1998 100 lwb 2.5 di
2006 350 jumbo 135 tdci
dumper
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby Mike » Sat Nov 24, 2018 4:33 pm

ME wrote:Little confused as to how a premium adblue can in prove performance and mpg :?

I think (well I bloody well hope) it was his attempt at BJT style ‘humour’, sadly for him neither are remotely funny. Wishes people would stop quoting BJT’s woeful crap.
Mike
Wind up merchant!

PreviousNext

Return to Mk8 Fourth Generation Transits