*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Security info

The all new 2013 Transit Mk8 Forum. Transits 2013+

Security info

Postby badger the welder » Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:42 pm

Hi guys, I have read online and watched vids on YouTube relating to rear cargo area doors unlocking when the drivers key is used to unlock the drivers door. Am I correct in thinking that the security update from ford stops the rear cargo doors from unlocking when the key is used in the drivers door lock or is the security update solely for the unlock button on the inside of the drivers door to stop the rear cargo doors from being opened ?

The reason I ask is because I went to a Ford Main Dealer and they told me because my van is not on a recall for the security update there is nothing they can do. They then went on to say the update is solely for the unlock button inside on the drivers door.

I told them that I think the security update is meant to stop the rear cargo doors from unlocking when the key is used to unlock the drivers door, they said No

If I want to have the software updated it would be at my expense and cost £56

Who is right ?
badger the welder
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Re: Security info

Postby loot » Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:00 pm

If yours doesn't show on etis then either it does have the problem or it has been done, trust it, mine did show up and I went and had the security update and now it doesn't show, so by your logic I can go and get it done again??

You'd think that they could tell you if it has been done or not but this is ford unfortunately :roll:

And besides, it is only half the battle, you need to disable the driver locking barrel tbh, then you can deadlock the rear doors etc.

Just hope you don't leave your van in a remote location because they have even simpler means to get your tools out. :(

Long story short... I wouldn't worry about it. :wink:
56 350 2.2 130ps mk7 with 2 side doors 8)
65 290 2.2 125ps custom with 2 side doors 8)
07 350 170ps
Ids v86 licence + v86.04 update + xprog here
Ids map here
loot
Site Moderator

Return to Mk8 Fourth Generation Transits