*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

transit cut off, and now won't turn

The all new 2013 Transit Mk8 Forum. Transits 2013+

transit cut off, and now won't turn

Postby riauba » Fri May 03, 2019 6:10 pm

Transit was running on idle and cut off. Trip computer showed 10miles left, so i thought it run out of fuel. Brought 5 liters can filled up. Putting the key and ignition on, and nothing more happens. Diagnostics show all 4 glow plugs, and glow plugs module, also p26a2, which is related to some dpf sensor i guess, can these prevent from starting?. Battery fully charged, was trying to get to starter, but it's a pig to get to wires, so towed jump start, with no luck. Unplugged glow relay, still the same.
riauba
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Re: transit cut off, and now won't turn

Postby riauba » Fri May 03, 2019 7:38 pm

riauba wrote:Transit was running on idle and cut off. Trip computer showed 10miles left, so i thought it run out of fuel. Brought 5 liters can filled up. Putting the key and ignition on, and nothing more happens. Diagnostics show all 4 glow plugs, and glow plugs module, also p26a2, which is related to some dpf sensor i guess, can these prevent from starting?. Battery fully charged, was trying to get to starter, but it's a pig to get to wires, so towed jump start, with no luck. Unplugged glow relay, still the same.

Ok I must eat my hat now. I put jump start cables and after 10 mins it started up. Checked voltage and it shows only 6volts. Must be alternators. Does it sound normal for 40k miles vehicle?
riauba
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Re: transit cut off, and now won't turn

Postby riauba » Tue May 07, 2019 6:46 pm

Problem solved reattaching earth cable from engine to chassis
riauba
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Return to Mk8 Fourth Generation Transits