*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Mk8 injector issue

The all new 2013 Transit Mk8 Forum. Transits 2013+

Mk8 injector issue

Postby IANTO48 » Tue May 07, 2019 8:34 am

Seems like the Injector issue has not been resolved. My new van 68 plate currently sits in the garage workshop waiting for Ford to authorise repairs. Been there since last wed and still not given the ok to fix despite the technician confirming the injector fault. Currently knocking my head against a brick wall as Ford not concerned at all and speaking to Customer Relations is like talking to a Robot. Not Happy.
IANTO48

Re: Mk8 injector issue

Postby bambi mk 1 » Sun May 12, 2019 1:34 pm

IANTO48 wrote:Seems like the Injector issue has not been resolved. My new van 68 plate currently sits in the garage workshop waiting for Ford to authorise repairs. Been there since last wed and still not given the ok to fix despite the technician confirming the injector fault. Currently knocking my head against a brick wall as Ford not concerned at all and speaking to Customer Relations is like talking to a Robot. Not Happy.

Dont be surprised that it may have to get an engine as the injectors seize in the cyl head :shock: Tell them you want your money back :idea:
On the sixth day God created a Sprinter on the seventh he gave it away and bought a TRANSIT
bambi mk 1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Re: Mk8 injector issue

Postby IANTO48 » Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:34 am

Hi, Sorry bout delay in update. Well it seems that after a lot of phone calls and help from the local dealer of Fords and the original purchase dealer I finally got the 4 injectors replaced. I must say touch wood it is a different van, The van drives like a Transit should do and even though just getting 29mpg which I hope will improve it does seem that the issue of the injectors has been solved. Done 1800 miles since fitted and driving fab. I only wish Ford UK could have done the decent thing and authorised the repair so that I was able to get back on the road much quicker. Big Shout for Days Transit Centre South Wales for actually helping to get this resolved with Ford UK. They did pull out all the stops to get me on the road again and did eventually get it done. I have heard many Motorhome users having the same problem so why doesn't Ford sort the problem before selling these vehicles I just don't know. It does their Sales Image no favours by allowing these vans to basically act like guinea pigs hoping the fault wont occur. However they don't seem to be prepared for the problem once it arises. A good outcome for me however it was a lot of hassle which I could have done without. Finally I will also add that during my discussions with various Motorhome dealerships regarding the issue. It seems that Fiat are having similar problems with some of their motorhomes. However the big difference is that the problem does seem to resolve itself by driving the vehicle for about 10 miles or so.
IANTO48

Return to Mk8 Fourth Generation Transits