*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

2015 17 seater minibus L4H3 losing power

The all new 2013 Transit Mk8 Forum. Transits 2013+

2015 17 seater minibus L4H3 losing power

Postby jamiedjuk » Sat May 25, 2019 6:15 pm

Hi there,

I've recently purchased a 2015 transit minibus 17 seater L4 H3 from my local Ford dealer and its causing me no end of problems!! as I use it as a pcv for airport runs its restricted to 62mph. about a week after purchasing it lost all power on the motorway saying 'service engine now' turn off the ignition and back on and it pulls like normal for a few miles then goes again... took it back to dealer and they replaced the inter cooler temp sensor.. had it back and 2 days later it was happening again! this time they replaced the turbo saying there was a fault with the actuator. picked it up yesterday and after 30 miles it's doing the same thing AGAIN!!! the previous fault codes were P2562 and P2563 it was these codes which led them to change the turbo. it's a low mileage full Ford service history bus! (it's done just over 25,000 miles) the dealer has been fair with me, giving me a courtesy vehicle each time etc.. but its affecting my business now breaking down with passengers on! it's obviously not the turbo as its 100% been changed. I'm guessing something electrical? has anyone had the same issues,or have any ideas as main dealer now stumped! thanks in advance for any assistance
jamiedjuk

Re: 2015 17 seater minibus L4H3 losing power

Postby sigtravel » Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:47 pm

How’s the DPF? Might be something to do with that.
sigtravel
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Return to Mk8 Fourth Generation Transits