*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Mk 8 cutting out

The all new 2013 Transit Mk8 Forum. Transits 2013+

Mk 8 cutting out

Postby dumper » Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:27 pm

Hi I’m having more problems with my van last year at 17000 mls on the clock and still under ford warranty coming back from Ireland on m 60 it blow the intercooler pipe off had to limp off motorway refitted it myself and then booked it in for a interim service that I didn’t need as only a inspection and the turbo pipe at the reception I pointed out that it seemed that the turbo was a bit noisy and blown a amount of oil out of the turbo that seemed a lot for the mileage of the van has done at work compared to psvs and hgvs with a lot more miles on them it seemed a lot but maybe not classed as excessive anyway all they did was remove the pipe and refit it road test it and say nothing wrong with the turbo pipe and turbo noise was normal as this is the only mk8 I have driven I had to take their word for it

Now two mouths later I go back to Ireland and again it blows off this time I get the AA out to it and they put it on and say nothing to see way it came off I the connecting Ford dealerships at Cavan this been two days before it was due to run out of warranty and they cannot book it in until after warranty has ran out and I will have to pay for repairs it then blows off two more times so in the end I double clip the pipe and it has not come off again that’s the history of last year

Now this September in Ireland again traveling up the motorway engine service now comes on and the engine has no throttle response and I have to coast onto the hard shoulder turn engine off and it resets and drives normal I have done another 1500 miles on my way to mull this weekend after 130 miles on the A66 it cuts out the throttle and service engine comes on again it resets again and drives for about 5 miles again and same again on the 3rd time it for the first time it puts the Amber light on I reset it again and the light stays on but it drives ok I get to a cafe and call the RAC he reads the codes it has stored resets them and commits that the turbo is a bit noise for the low miles but has heard a lot worse that have gone on to do a lot more miles he hen says he will follow me to the motorway to see how it goes it drives ok so after a chat we carry on our was it does another 110 miles and cuts out again another stop for about 20 minutes and off we go and get the Ferry to the island of mull we have not problems on the island and set off for home stopping every 100 miles or so it only has one problem this time the light or service engine now doesn’t come on it just cuts the revs to 1500 hundred so at least I have power to pull-up at a safe location not like all the other times when I have no throttle

This is RAC codes
Diagnostic Codes
RAC DIAGNOSTIC SYSTEM
System Type: ENGINE SYSTEM TEST/VALUES
Name: USR6 - TDCI - 2.2L - 92 (125)
DTC: P0825,Gear Lever Push/Pull Switch Circuit (Shift Anticipate)
DTC: P2563,Turbocharger boost control position sensor circuit; range/performance DTC: P2562,Turbocharger boost control position sensor circuit

This may also be related when I got off road on wet grass the traction control cuts in and cuts the throttle and the engine stalls it been high geared doesn’t help if I go into the dashboard menu and turn it of the light comes on to tell me it is off and it still does the same cuts the throttle and it stalls it seems that even though it has not switched it off
Thanks for any help
MK 8 L4 H3 Motorsport campervan
Past camper vans
1974 mk1 v4 with 2.0 pinto fitted
1986 mk3 2.5 di swb
1990 190 lwb 2.5 di
1998 100 lwb 2.5 di
2006 350 jumbo 135 tdci
dumper
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Re: Mk 8 cutting out

Postby dumper » Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:19 am

I forgot to put on that it’s a 2.2 125 ps with add blue I must have been very lucky with my mk6 135 tdci it never left me stranded by the road side only ever engine related problem was alternator/ water pump/ and idler bearings it had a 100;000 miles when I got it I did another 80:000 in it and now I buy a 2 year old bus with only 7000 miles on it and with this I’ve been sat a the side of the road 9 times thanks for any help on this
Past camper vans
1986 mk3 2.5 di swb
1990 190 lwb 2.5 di
1998 100 lwb 2.5 di
2006 350 jumbo 135 tdci
dumper
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby dumper » Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:07 pm

For anyone who gets the same codes had it into Ford today it’s the turbo it’s going to cost me £1500 for brand new turbo it’s a bit of p@@s off as while it was under warranty it had the start of this problem and I took it into a Ford transit dealership who really fobbed me off when I got them to road test it about my concern about it having a noise turbo just saying it’s normal I even contacting Ford customer service and still got nowhere ( it’s not in the same dealership for the new turbo )
Past camper vans
1986 mk3 2.5 di swb
1990 190 lwb 2.5 di
1998 100 lwb 2.5 di
2006 350 jumbo 135 tdci
dumper
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby dumper » Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:52 pm

Update since Ford dealership mpg down to 18 to 25 before it never did less then 26.7 to 32.5 had it back in and they say they cannot find anything wrong it is lowdown on power pulling away the turbo they fitted was a brand new Ford one not an exchange one I hate to think what it will drop to when I get it loaded up for a holiday trip any thought pleases
Past camper vans
1986 mk3 2.5 di swb
1990 190 lwb 2.5 di
1998 100 lwb 2.5 di
2006 350 jumbo 135 tdci
dumper
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby ukEvans » Mon Jan 06, 2020 2:53 pm

dumper wrote: any thought pleases

Yes, you're putting me off the mk8 that I'm meant to be viewing/buying tomorrow!! :shock: :shock: :shock:
2013 Connect Trend Mk1 Facelift 90bhp T230 High Roof, LWB (a blank canvass)
2014 Transit Trend Mk8, L2H2 RWD 350, 155bhp (now traded for the above)
2008 Connect Mk1 75bhp, EGR Delete, remapped to 100bhp (still in the family)
ukEvans
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby dumper » Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:37 pm

This been the lowest mileage van I have ever to build a camper on I’m not that happy but it is a nice van to drive before the turbo problem my last van a mk6 135 tdci which has a very bad representation on hear had a 100000 mls on its back when I got it I put another 50000 + on it apart from servicing it had a water pump alternator drive belt and idle bearings as it’s a self built camper I’ve got it for the long run should be better soon going to vantuner next week get some more power out of it and get some mpg back you say it’s put you off a mk8 but you have to remember it’s most of the time on here it’s problems that people post and this will be a small percentage of the vans on the road .
Past camper vans
1986 mk3 2.5 di swb
1990 190 lwb 2.5 di
1998 100 lwb 2.5 di
2006 350 jumbo 135 tdci
dumper
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby dumper » Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:27 am

Update went to Brands Hatch rally yesterday so booked van into Martin Van Tuner mpg now backup 30 /31 loads more low down pulling power so well :D :D so top job Martin thanks if it was a football match the result would be Ford 0 Martin 2
Cheers Martin
Past camper vans
1986 mk3 2.5 di swb
1990 190 lwb 2.5 di
1998 100 lwb 2.5 di
2006 350 jumbo 135 tdci
dumper
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby Silverfoxbuilds » Mon Apr 08, 2024 5:31 pm

I’m really keen to find out how you’ve got on with this. I know it’s been sometime since it happened, but I have been fighting an endless battle with my mark 8 minibus.

I have a mark 8 converted bus, 2017 2.2 125bhp with adblue (tuned to claimed 180bhp 18mpg and sluggish)

It all started with low batteries that have been replaced and basically it ended in on a euro trip full of young family in Austria with multiple breakdowns and even cutting the exhaust off to have someone clean what I thought was the DPF. It was instead the Catalytic converter, which was filled with adblue crystals . ££££s were spent
I feel like it’s not resolved and I’m starting to hate driving the van because I know it’s constantly going to fail on me.

The latest is I have a flutter around 1800 RPM in all gears and I was directed to the EGR being dirty.

I’ve since clean the EGR and And all attached components, plus changed 2x failed NOx sensors. I turned the key and all the lights Were cleared and at least the van was running.

The next problem I had was maybe 10 miles later the van went into limp mode and it said the Turbo actuator was faulty.
I went to a very well-known YouTuber mechanic and checked him out and he led me to believe after watching a few videos that it could be a Failed actuator. The first thing to check was that it was actually solid and not flopping around, all was well. and second was to try and clean the EGR/turbo/exhaust manifold With the can of spray. This seem to improve the situation, but through a load of codes on my brand-new, nox sensors. I put this down to the fact that I have now cleaned what is probably most of the residue out of the turbo and it’s now dropped down into the exhaust and given the nox senors a good coating of crap. Continue to drive another hundred miles and was fine.

Then all codes were clear Van was driving better, but still down on power as it has been for my entire ownership.

Round a 100 miles later the latest light appeared which transpires to be a
P0825, Gear lever push/pull switch circuit (Shift anticipate)
All other codes have now gone,

I have inspected throughout the turbo area and cannot find any split or loose hoses to the turbo or intercooler. Has anyone got anywhere they can point me in the direction of help diagnosis this. I have been battling with this for over a year. Everyone I give the van to just wants to read the codes and change another part

Any help would be hugely appreciated as I am fed up with stressing out every time I turn the key.

Warren
@silverfoxbuilds (IG)
Silverfoxbuilds

Return to Mk8 Fourth Generation Transits