*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Horn sounding when locking doors mk8 transit

The all new 2013 Transit Mk8 Forum. Transits 2013+

Horn sounding when locking doors mk8 transit

Postby leon51274 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:53 pm

Hi

I've got a really annoying problem and one that the neighbors are gonna start lynching me for.

Everytime I look the doors the bloody horn beeps twice, now I know this to be the door open warning but all doors are closed and locked. I've cleaned the sliding door contacts and pins but still no different. I don't suppose anyone has any ideas before I'm burnt at the stake?

Thanks in advance.
leon51274
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Re: Horn sounding when locking doors mk8 transit

Postby man le-mans » Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:20 pm

At a guess I would say a faulty side door lock. Next time it does it try starting the van and see what door come up on the dash as not shut
MK8 L2H2 T350 TREND 68 plate silver 130bhp
Mk7 MWB M/R T350 TREND 2010 SILVER 115BHP
MK7 MWB M/R T350 2009 BLUE 115BHP (crap)
MK6 MWB M/R T280 full electric pack silver 2003 85BHP
Smiley face T reg L/R SWB ex BT
man le-mans
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby clarkey1 » Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:31 pm

This happens to me now and again and I found it was the rear door even though I thought it was shut I had to open it and firmly close it to stop the horn warning.
clarkey1
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby leon51274 » Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:23 pm

Thanks for the reply lads. I'll try the rear door and also starting it to see what it says.
leon51274
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby Woodenman » Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:13 pm

Just to let you know when my battery ran low and the volts had dropped my van would honk while locking, but it also didn't start. :)
Woodenman
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby Dantis » Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:15 pm

This happens to mine occasionally but I have discovered which door is causing the issue, one of the SLDs as I have twin side doors, when it honks and all the doors are closed and locked, I press the rear unlock, the offending SLD will not open from the outside, I go through the back and open it from inside, then shut all the doors and press lock and it is fine until the next time!
It is very random when it happens, I hardly ever open that door anyway but it will still occasionally cause issues.
2018 Ford Transit 350 L3H2 FWD Stage 1 Remap (LHD)
2019 Ford Tourneo Connect Grand Titanium (LHD)
2007 Ford Tourneo Connect GLX (LHD)
1987 Jeep Wrangler 4.2 (LHD)
Dantis
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby straydog » Fri Jan 17, 2020 5:04 pm

Mine used to do the same, bloody anoying aint it!!!
I found I needed to klick unlock first, even if the doors were already unlocked.
It seemed to reset the lock sensors.

Now if i get a horn sound, i imediatly klick unlock then lock again. works for me.
If it sounds after that then it's a door open sensor

CVD 8)
straydog
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Joncording » Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:27 am

Ahhh this problem is plaguing me! I had this loads last winter (when this thread was actually made), been fine all summer, and then started again now a few weeks ago!

Approximately 50% of the time when locking, I get the double horn beep. All doors seem to be locked afterwards. I get no (false) door open warnings on the dash nor do lights stay on when I close doors.

I will try the mentioned trick about unlocking first to see if that helps me stop annoying the neighbours, but would love to know how to get to the bottom of this. Do I take it to a dealership or see if I can call an auto electrician (it is a 66 plate and not under any warranty anymore afaik).

Thanks people

Jon
Joncording

Postby Gaz-M » Thu Dec 17, 2020 11:07 pm

Any luck on this? Ive posted lately about same issue.

No faults etc so impossible to know which lock is causing it.
Gaz-M
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Garkinto » Sat Jan 09, 2021 5:08 pm

Hi all, new to the forum.

I had this problem when I got my mk8 second hand. Firstly I noticed the doors weren't locking automatically (can be changed in the dash menu). Secondly I removed the lock button on the driver's door to find a lead had been disconnected.
Eventually I figured it was the side door contact plate. I placed a little bit of cardboard behind the plate so the door probes would make better contact with the plate.

It worked. No more horn beeping when I locked the van. I eventually replaced the contact plate.

Hope this helps
Garkinto

Postby PaulC68mk8 » Mon Oct 11, 2021 2:01 pm

Hi all, new to the Tranist forum, desperately trying to stop this dam horn sounding when I lock the doors. I've a 68 plate 350 H3L3, when I first stop the van get out and and lock the doors it's fine no horn honk, but if I return to the van and open any door the horn will sound when I lock the van again. It makes no difference how I lock the van, it will sound using the key in the drivers lock, it will sound with the lock button inside the drivers door, it has even sounded when I drive off and it automatically locks the doors.

It might be the three pin senor on the sliding door, does anybody know how to remove it as mine has a round pin with three very small notches that fix it to the door, it's not a star fitting or a phillips screw head, can anybody advise please. My local transit dealer said try slamming the doors harder, which doesn't make any difference.
PaulC68mk8

Postby Gaz-M » Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:17 pm

Post pic of what youre trying to remove? Its maybe the plastic fixing where you push the centre of the clip through, but be careful not to lose the pin.

Its still driving me nuts too, I originally removed deadlock fuses and it solved it for a good few weeks. Then slowly it has got worse and nearly every time I lock it, it peeps. All doors lock so theres no way to know what on earth is causing it!
Gaz-M
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby PaulC68mk8 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:03 pm

5D62C3F8-5589-4333-9433-BD61FD49983A.jpeg

Hope the picture works, I think that this door connector might be causing the horn sounding issue, it is held in place by two fixings which are round with three small slots, I’ve never seen anything like this before and can’t find a tool to fit. Anybody know how to remove them or a tool that will fit them. A friend of mine has a Transit Custom with exact same horn sounding issue, it must be quite common but difficult to fix.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
PaulC68mk8

Postby Gaz-M » Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:41 pm

I think they are pop-rivets. You will need to drill them out and fit new ones to replace. Ive had mine out ages ago cant remember for sure but thats what they look like.

If that part is an issue it often just needs the contacting points cleaned with emery paper, if you havent tried that already.

These Transits and peeping horns is so so annoying. Mostly because its hard to know whats causing it, it doesnt give fault codes either. Great van otherwise.
Gaz-M
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby PaulC68mk8 » Sat Oct 16, 2021 5:19 pm

I've tried just about everything I can without actually changing the sliding door contacts, which may or may not be causing the problem, why Ford put such a ridulous system on a vehicle is beyond me, it's a decent enough van but why make something worse than it was before, I hate pressing that button to lock the doors, it's driving me ( and my neighbours ) crackers.
PaulC68mk8

Next

Return to Mk8 Fourth Generation Transits