*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Dead Dashboard

The all new 2013 Transit Mk8 Forum. Transits 2013+

Dead Dashboard

Postby access » Sun Dec 29, 2019 4:58 pm

Hi everyone, got a transit 2016 66 Tipper The dash was flicking then totally died, no speedo, no rpm no info no lights, Have got the dash out tested wires going in on pin connection one is live
is it likely to be a fuse somewhere ?
access

Re: Dead Dashboard

Postby Frag » Sun Dec 29, 2019 5:53 pm

Have you got,or ever had a towbar fitted ?
Frag
Ford Technician

Postby access » Sun Dec 29, 2019 6:05 pm

Frag wrote:Have you got,or ever had a towbar fitted ?

No it hasn't got tow bar but has had yellow flashing lights fitted to roof at some point, Also it had been valeted recently and i wonder if water could have go somewhere to blow fuse or something,
access

Postby Frag » Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:05 pm

The dash is on can-bus network,a short in the wiring or other modules on same network will stop cluster working.
Towbar module and wiring usually under the plastic cab step in ns,water in this,or even the unused connector/plug could cause the issue.
Frag
Ford Technician

Postby access » Tue Dec 31, 2019 1:12 pm

Thanks Frag I disconnected the fuse board which is under steering wheel in front of right leg the one which has to big brown connectors and a blue, When i checked its fuses and reconnected it,the dash came back to life but later was dead again, Then I rather stupidly tried electrical cleaner in ignition barrel and now when i put key in the steering wheel remains locked and key won't turn, any ideas I'm having bad week :roll:
access

Return to Mk8 Fourth Generation Transits