*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

DPF keeps blocking up

The all new 2013 Transit Mk8 Forum. Transits 2013+

DPF keeps blocking up

Postby rattytcb » Mon Mar 02, 2020 1:09 am

Hi All, I own a 2014 ford transit trend h2 l3 rwd 2.2 diesel, just before xmas the clutch went on my van, i had a new clutch and dual mass flywheel fitted and the guy didnt plug a o2 sensor back in properly when he refitted it all the van blocked up the dpf filter we plugged it back in did a regen and away i went. now the engine management light has come on saying 02 sensor fault, booked it in to be changed a week later plugged it in first to double check the codes and its saying dpf full again, did a regen same code came up did another regen and it failed. I think the diesel vaporiser needs changing as it failing to do get hot enough to do a full regen and before i spend tonnes of my well earned money on o2 sensors and pressure sensors on the dpf id like to hear your views, van has covered 130,000 miles and my mechanic has said it time to change it. runs lovely other then the above, has had a bit of tragic history with people working on it in the past. as in van was a hire van until it hit 20k miles i bought it then and the clutch failed at 40k, garage that changed the clutch drop the back axle doing this and wrecked the spigot bearing and the steering rack, they changed the clutch and not the flywheel, flywheel was buckled when we recently changed the clutch again which is why i think it didnt last that long. since then its been broken into a couple of times, every time the clutch has been done the front sub frame has come loose afterwards and had to sort it myself, its also on its second set of rear springs. love my van and its well looked after and regularly serviced. any help would be gratefully appreciated. Many thanks Tony
rattytcb

Re: DPF keeps blocking up

Postby Mike » Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:48 am

Will you come back and thank anyone that helps you this time?

viewtopic.php?f=64&t=184381&p=1579571&c=1#p1579571
Mike
Wind up merchant!

Re: DPF keeps blocking up

Postby rattytcb » Tue Mar 03, 2020 12:56 am

Mike wrote:Will you come back and thank anyone that helps you this time?

viewtopic.php?f=64&t=184381&p=1579571&c=1#p1579571

sorry missed those posts but it was over a year after my original post, wasnt the battery turned out to be a broken abs ring, booked it into fords in the end and they sorted it for me, looks like i will be doing that again, as its a work van im loosing money while its off the road and my daughters awaiting brain surgery so i need to build the bank up before the few weeks i need to get off work for that. bit stressed is a understatement

thanks all anyway,
rattytcb

Return to Mk8 Fourth Generation Transits