*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Drivers side power window not working

The all new 2013 Transit Mk8 Forum. Transits 2013+

Drivers side power window not working

Postby Thornton90 » Sat Mar 14, 2020 1:17 pm

Hi people, new to this so bare with me. 2016 transit H2 L3, drivers side window switch stopped working for both sides. Passenger switch works fine. I've checked the book for fuse locations and I cant seem to locate the power window relay. The one it says it is isnt there? Then fuse seems to be fine. Its not the switch as I tried it in a friends and works fine. Any help much appreciated thanks.
Thornton90

Re: Drivers side power window not working

Postby Frag » Sat Mar 14, 2020 7:53 pm

More than likely,door loom has broken wires inbetween door and van,or water/corrosion in the multiplugs where door loom meets main harness (van door frame/end of dash)
Frag
Ford Technician

Re: Drivers side power window not working

Postby Richi » Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:46 pm

Prise up the drivers door switches, then unplug the two plugs, there on the unit you will fine four small terex screws
Undo all four and the switch assembly will come apart on the base section you fine four round pads, carefully clean these
Pads with alcohol or some other good contact cleaner, these pads for some reason get clogged with dust and grease,reassemble all should be good
Richi

Return to Mk8 Fourth Generation Transits