*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Key Fob Sensor/Receiver Location

The all new 2013 Transit Mk8 Forum. Transits 2013+

Re: Key Fob Sensor/Receiver Location

Postby austieman » Fri Dec 30, 2022 6:34 pm

I've seen a few additional questions about this so thought I would post a brief update.

I took the van into ford who on instruction replaced the receiver in the cab which fixed everything. I can't tell you much about the process as I obviously wasn't there, but they didn't take out all the headliner and overhead compartment so it seems to me to be a relatively straightforward fix. Other people on this thread have posted the location of the receiver so I'd recommend you take a look there.

Although it was some time ago it was a painful process because Ford don't like doing as you tell them, and I've since had 2-3 additional bad experiences with Ford so will absolutely not be using them again. I'd recommend using an independent garage.
Mk8 L3H3 2.0L
austieman
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Re: Key Fob Sensor/Receiver Location

Postby juic3 » Mon Feb 27, 2023 2:52 pm

Ok this was weird.

My car had replaced part of the roof so the whole headliner had been taken out at one point. The central plastic hood ( has the lights and microphone etc. ) was a little bit loose so I decided to fix it. The previous owner had taken it down by force I guess.
I noticed and few of the wires wore not attached and one of them seemed to be the power for the wireless receiver. I attached it back in but still nothing.

This was like 3 weeks ago and now after taking a long trip with the van ( 5h total ) I stopped the car and by accident pressed the buttons on the key. I heard a locking sound and was amazed.
For some weird unknown reason the wireless key lock started to work again :) Have no idea why.

Few reasons might be:
- The car was in a warm place and all the ice was melted away.
- The was badly changed
- Condensation of the wires

Well I'm happy that it works now but have no idea why.
juic3

Previous

Return to Mk8 Fourth Generation Transits