*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

MK8 2017 2.0 intermittent "Service DUE" warning

The all new 2013 Transit Mk8 Forum. Transits 2013+

MK8 2017 2.0 intermittent "Service DUE" warning

Postby Dinocommm » Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:25 pm

Hi I have a 2017 2.0 fwd H3L3 which i drive daily as my Joinery van, 100,000 miles on the clock.
at least once every few days it goes into limp mode for approx 6 secs dash lcd comes up with Service Due and the engine managment light comes on, service due goes off after about 2/3 secs and managemnt light goes off after approx 5-6 secs then runs as normal, some times i go days wih out an issue, then ill have it 2-3 times in a day. What i have noticed its when the engine revs are low say in 6th and under 1800rpm.my maate has a reader and the codes are P008A, P126B and P126C.
As its a now and again thing im thinking the injectors would be ok possibly.
I hae changed the fuel filter and run a new tank of fuel with an injector cleaner to see if that helps, but still getting the errors

Any ideas Guys Thanks
Dinocommm
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Re: MK8 2017 2.0 intermittent "Service DUE" warning

Postby Steve G » Sun Nov 01, 2020 12:36 pm

Hi

Did you ever resolve the problem?
I took a 2017 with 30,000 miles out for a test run and it did the exact same, not sure I want to buy it if its going to be an expensive fix

Cheers

Steve
Steve G

Postby Dinocommm » Sun Dec 13, 2020 11:45 am

Hi Steve no i haven't got to the bottom of it,
Im just living with it, isnt any worse or better, really intermitant.
only had the van for 6mths and been a few issues, I had a renault for 2 yrs and no issues at all, so im a bit dissapointed.
my gut says its a sensor somewhere but nothing or no-one can point me in the right direction.... :cry:
Dinocommm
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby hughesyn » Mon Dec 14, 2020 1:01 pm

Dinocommm wrote:Hi I have a 2017 2.0 fwd H3L3 which i drive daily as my Joinery van, 100,000 miles on the clock.
at least once every few days it goes into limp mode for approx 6 secs dash lcd comes up with Service Due and the engine managment light comes on, service due goes off after about 2/3 secs and managemnt light goes off after approx 5-6 secs then runs as normal, some times i go days wih out an issue, then ill have it 2-3 times in a day. What i have noticed its when the engine revs are low say in 6th and under 1800rpm.my maate has a reader and the codes are P008A, P126B and P126C.

Presumably, based on the codes, it's a faulty connection on injector 2.
Try cleaning the plug with contact cleaner.

Worst case it's the wiring or need a new injector.
2023 Mk8 DCIV 170 auto L3H2
hughesyn
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby austieman » Mon Dec 14, 2020 1:08 pm

Not sure how much help it is but it doesn't sound dissimilar to what is being discussed here https://fordtransit.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=203768.

The P008A is a generic fuel pressure code, but it was not one of the fault codes I had in my issue I mention in the link, I did however have the P126B and C among a load of others relating to injectors.
Mk8 L3H3 2.0L
austieman
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby RabbitStu » Mon Dec 14, 2020 11:06 pm

thanks Austieman for sharing my post - and what the OP is describing is exactly the issue I was suffering with before my injectors were replaced.

In fact it got to the point I could almost control the problem. Every time I went through motorway roadworks @50mph / 6th Gear - the service warning appeared and slight power loss. Drop it to 5th, revs climb and it powered through the fault, warning cleared. Once the injectors were replaced that issue disappeared entirely.

I'm still having issues with low speed performance but looking into prices for replacing fuel sensors
RabbitStu
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby Dinocommm » Thu Dec 24, 2020 1:40 pm

hughesyn wrote:
Dinocommm wrote:Hi I have a 2017 2.0 fwd H3L3 which i drive daily as my Joinery van, 100,000 miles on the clock.

Presumably, based on the codes, it's a faulty connection on injector 2.
Try cleaning the plug with contact cleaner.

Worst case it's the wiring or need a new injector.

hi cheers,
ill have a look over xmas as ive the time off and the time to mess about with it ... and doesnt look like ill be going anywhere anyway :|
Dinocommm
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby Dinocommm » Thu Dec 24, 2020 1:42 pm

austieman wrote:Not sure how much help it is but it doesn't sound dissimilar to what is being discussed here https://fordtransit.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=203768.

The P008A is a generic fuel pressure code, but it was not one of the fault codes I had in my issue I mention in the link, I did however have the P126B and C among a load of others relating to injectors.

thanks Ill have look at this
Dinocommm
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby Dinocommm » Thu Dec 24, 2020 1:45 pm

RabbitStu wrote:thanks Austieman for sharing my post - and what the OP is describing is exactly the issue I was suffering with before my injectors were replaced.

In fact it got to the point I could almost control the problem. Every time I went through motorway roadworks @50mph / 6th Gear - the service warning appeared and slight power loss. Drop it to 5th, revs climb and it powered through the fault, warning cleared. Once the injectors were replaced that issue disappeared entirely.

I'm still having issues with low speed performance but looking into prices for replacing fuel sensors

Ive a mate whos a diesel engineer he seems to think its not an injector as its too intermittant, but who knows, your symptons are the same as mine, not that im on motorways at all, but just the same actions i do.
so ill check over a few smaller things then get my mate to have a deeper look as im out my depth lol
Dinocommm
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby austieman » Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:08 pm

As its a now and again thing im thinking the injectors would be ok possibly.
I hae changed the fuel filter and run a new tank of fuel with an injector cleaner to see if that helps, but still getting the errors

Any ideas Guys Thanks

Just circling back to this post, as I’ve now also had the same issue twice, and it’s completely different to what I had previously. Like Rabbitstu said, motorway driving, 60mph in 6th, speed stays unchanged, revs stuck at 1800, service light comes on, drop it into fifth and it all disappears. Looking into getting a code reader, but my gut says it’s sensor related after the issue I had previously.
Out of interest, do any of you have speed limiters on your vans?
Mk8 L3H3 2.0L
austieman
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby hnt » Sat Mar 06, 2021 12:32 am

Hi

I'm seeing this problem in a 2016 2.0l Transit Custom 70k miles

Always the following codes:

P008A:21-28
Code: P008A - Low Pressure Fuel System Pressure - Too Low

P126C:10-68
Code: P126C - Cylinder 3 Injector Input Circuit

And sometimes this one too

P126D:10-6C
Code: P126D - Cylinder 4 Injector Input Circuit

You can easily avoid it by davoiding what triggers it. If you want to trigger it, get on a straight road / uphill going 50mph then floor it in 6th to 70mph and it will lose power, service required.

Put in in 5th, wait 10-15s, power kicks back in drives normally.
If you push 4th gear to get up to speed and cruise in 5th/6th it doesn't happen.

RabbitStu said this in his post:
First issue was the injectors - intermittent service light along with rare loss of power. All 4 replaced under warranty. 1 replacement failed immediately and replaced again, then another failed after 2 months, replaced again.

Which makes me feel a bit cautious about slapping 4 new injectors in if they are not the root of the problem.

I wonder if this is a similar problem
https://fordtransit.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=192110

P008A sounds like it should the low pressure side though.

I'm checking some live data from when it happens to see if the injectors have an issue first or if the fuel pressure drops first.
hnt

Postby richardgibbs » Sat May 01, 2021 3:25 pm

hnt wrote:P008A:21-28
Code: P008A - Low Pressure Fuel System Pressure - Too Low

P126C:10-68
Code: P126C - Cylinder 3 Injector Input Circuit

You can easily avoid it by davoiding what triggers it. If you want to trigger it, get on a straight road / uphill going 50mph then floor it in 6th to 70mph and it will lose power, service required.

Put in in 5th, wait 10-15s, power kicks back in drives normally.
If you push 4th gear to get up to speed and cruise in 5th/6th it doesn't happen.

hi

Did you manage to get to the bottom of this? I've got exactly the same issue on a 2018 custom. It's an auto, but triggers in the same manner.
The only difference with the codes is mostly its injectors 2 and 4.
If you drive it a bit like a manual selecting gears yourself it doesn't tend to happen, I suspect because the revs are always high enough.

Ironically, it appeared after a remap. Unfortunately, it was a post-it-away job (ECUFLASH) and they have been less than helpful about assisting with any issues from their side or the remap.

Any suggestions highly appreciated.
richardgibbs

Postby DanIsADude » Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:11 pm

I am getting this exact same issue/fault with my 2017 on 36k. Ive taken it to my local stealer a couple of times, who are unhelpful. I took it to a local garage as the stealer told me my pads were low on its last and final warrantee service/mot, asked if they can plug it in while changing the brake components.
It came back with the code of P126A-11 Cylinder 1 injector input circuit.
I had planned to buy new injectors at the advice from the mechanic, however reading this forum, im less sure now. My problem is exactly the same, pootling around town i get no issues/lights/error codes etc, but occasionally on motorway i get the error flick on and go off.

I can see this thread is a little old now, did it ever get a resolution?
59 Mk7 SWB
DanIsADude

Postby richardgibbs » Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:53 pm

DanIsADude wrote:I am getting this exact same issue/fault with my 2017 on 36k. Ive taken it to my local stealer a couple of times, who are unhelpful. I took it to a local garage as the stealer told me my pads were low on its last and final warrantee service/mot, asked if they can plug it in while changing the brake components.
It came back with the code of P126A-11 Cylinder 1 injector input circuit.
I had planned to buy new injectors at the advice from the mechanic, however reading this forum, im less sure now. My problem is exactly the same, pootling around town i get no issues/lights/error codes etc, but occasionally on motorway i get the error flick on and go off.

I can see this thread is a little old now, did it ever get a resolution?

Not in my case, unfortunately.

I had it remapped again by another company they thought possibly the injectors hadn't been coded correctly. That didn't sort it. The guy that came also suggested wiring but I've had a good look and can't see anything obvious. It also doesn't account for the fact that it's only at certain speeds/revs and mostly on hills.

Finally, put it into the dealers who were absolutely hopeless. The first time they reset it and said they had "cleared the codes" as they "couldn't find a problem" (All despite me telling them it had done it 5+ times getting to them that morning.) but they hadn't "done a very extensive road test" and bring it back if it did it again.
Of course it did, 3miles from them on the first motorway hill doing 60mph :evil:
So I put it back in again and they ran further tests, kept it for 2 days and then finally called me to say there was nothing wrong with the injectors, (according to my mechanic mate who knows someone who works at Ford they can actually scan the specific injectors to check for issues?) and that they've concluded it is down to dirty fuel because it was quite low on miles and must be picking up the dregs. To be totally honest I literally laughed at the guy down the phone. I gave it to them with 50miles to go, so they'd clearly been running it a lot and furthermore 12 months of a fault does not amount to dirty fuel my friend.
Frankly I was outraged but they refused to do anything with it because Ford won't honour the warranty unless they can prove an issue which is fine on paper, but not when there clearly is an issue.
I've put high quality injector cleaner, BP Ultimate, diesel cleaner and then top up injector cleaner every tank for 2 months. Didn't make the blindest difference so I gave up on the cleaner and carried on living with it for now.
It's out of warranty and I can't be bothered wasting time with the dealer again so not quite sure what to do next. Trade it in for a new one asap I guess!

Sorry less than helpful, but just my tale of woe. I'd swap to a VW tomorrow if it wasn't for the cost.
richardgibbs

Postby heatherillsteven » Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:01 pm

Hi
Has anyone had any luck with this problem yet as I've had the same thing since Ford replaced the engine with a snapped timing belt, Ford garage replaced 1 injector when I first told them about the problem for 200 pound but it hasn't made a bit of difference
heatherillsteven

Next

Return to Mk8 Fourth Generation Transits