*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

MK8 2017 2.0 intermittent "Service DUE" warning

The all new 2013 Transit Mk8 Forum. Transits 2013+

Re: MK8 2017 2.0 intermittent "Service DUE" warning

Postby Danevo172 » Sun Feb 06, 2022 5:04 pm

Hi, new to the forum, I to have the same issues as described on my 2016 custom 2.0 Eb6 170
I’ve read several forums and everyone says it the injectors.
I don’t believe it is as it only occurs in high gears low rev band and high load.
I have seen someone mentioned that a Exhaust gas temp sensor was reading at a -40 value, no codes but he swapped this and the problem was cured.

I have found a EGT sensor on mine using forscan that’s reading -40 but it says it’s sensor 4 anyone now the locations and do they run 4 sensors.

I’ve also got charge air sensor that’s reading-40 charge air temp 2
Danevo172

Postby Paulpaulpaul » Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:17 pm

Danevo172 wrote:Hi, new to the forum, I to have the same issues as described on my 2016 custom 2.0 Eb6 170
I don’t believe it is as it only occurs in high gears low rev band and high load.
I have seen someone mentioned that a Exhaust gas temp sensor was reading at a -40 value, no codes but he swapped this and the problem was cured.

I have found a EGT sensor on mine using forscan that’s reading -40 but it says it’s sensor 4 anyone now the locations and do they run 4 sensors.

Having the exact same issue did you resolve ?
Paulpaulpaul

Postby tomthespark2011 » Fri Jun 10, 2022 2:42 pm

I might be able to shed some light on this.
Mine is a 2017 2.0 with 75000 on the clock. I get the same service light coming on; comes on for 10-15 seconds, losses power, light goes off, power comes back, and the cycle repeats.
Happens when engine is under load like pulling onto a motorway, mostly in 5th when pulling to accelerate.

Tried a new MAF sensor, no difference, new MAP sensor, new battery (just for the sake of it). In the end it was the injectors. put 4 new ones in a the problem stopped. Ford couldn't get the injectors out so they said it would need a new engine. (literally the most unhelpful people) I said sod off and got an injector company to pull them out and put the new ones in. £2000 later she runs sweet.
It was a damn expensive service light.
tomthespark2011

Postby s9ott » Fri Aug 26, 2022 10:43 pm

Got the same issue on a 2017 custom sport 2.0L Ecoblue 58k miles.
I've had the 4 injector show on diagnostic machine at different time, which I find is hard to believe all 4 have gone faulty around the same time.
When mine goes into the low power mode, I can put it into neutral and red line the revs freely, so just not convinced anything wrong with my injectors or it would surely misfire.
I've ordered the DPF pressure sensor (BK2A-9G824-AA ), as that's a quick job to changeout and £40 for the £15 sensor!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyXYs1avQtk
If that doesn't work I'll try the Fuel rail pressure sensor, need to find the part number for this, but again an easy cheap attempted, maybe £25 in todays high market.
if that doesn't work I'll pull the injectors clean and test them

Will update what works WHEN its fixed !!!
s9ott

Postby jfally » Sat Dec 03, 2022 12:42 am

Anyone been able to resolve this? I have the exact same issue but dont think it has anything to do with the injectors
jfally

Postby jfally » Sat Dec 03, 2022 12:43 am

Danevo172 wrote:Hi, new to the forum, I to have the same issues as described on my 2016 custom 2.0 Eb6 170

Mine also is showing egt sensor 3 and 4 as -40 so might give this a go

jfally

Postby Herbivore02 » Mon Jan 16, 2023 5:38 pm

I would cheak your fuel for metal particals could be the fuel pump failing. I had the same issue, gave it to a garage they said injectors had failed due to contaminated fuel, they changed the injectors and gave it back then it broke down on the way home gave it back and they said somthing had contaminated the fuel and was confused, I told them to stick a magnet in the fuel to cheak for metal and turns out my tank was full of metal from the high side fuel pump. Now they have put a new high side pump on and still couldn't get it started so I took it back and put a new in tank pump on, still won't start but I think there is a fault with the fuel controle valve on top of the high side pump causing it to dump all my fuel presure through the return line back to the tank.
Herbivore02
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Previous

Return to Mk8 Fourth Generation Transits