*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Stability error code

The all new 2013 Transit Mk8 Forum. Transits 2013+

Stability error code

Postby mcbutler » Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:23 am

Hi All,
I have a very occasional yellow error lamp appearing.
I had the code read, cant remember what it was but it was the stability unit error.
It has happened around 8-9 times now, every time apart from one was over 60mph. Van goes into limp mode until i restart the engine whch clears it.
I also get 'hand brake hold unavailable' during the error.
So Transit gurus, can I have your opinions please.....
Can I reset the unit on a level surface? could it be linked to maybe damaged/dirty ABS rings??
2014 Mk 8 Jumbo 350 2.2 RWD single rear wheels
mcbutler
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Re: Stability error code

Postby RECKLESS ROAD » Sat Feb 13, 2021 3:39 pm

this sounded like mine a couple of weeks ago, are there any codes showing ? mine had p0101 which was air mass sensor , the traction light came on then the hill start assist stopped working but wouldnt happen every journey, it was the wiring loom across the top of engine had rubbed against the rubber cover and cut some wires
RECKLESS ROAD
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby mcbutler » Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:05 pm

RECKLESS ROAD wrote:this sounded like mine a couple of weeks ago, are there any codes showing ? mine had p0101 which was air mass sensor , the traction light came on then the hill start assist stopped working but wouldnt happen every journey, it was the wiring loom across the top of engine had rubbed against the rubber cover and cut some wires

Thats interesting, how many miles has your van done/what year is it?
mcbutler
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby RECKLESS ROAD » Sat Feb 13, 2021 11:07 pm

mcbutler wrote:
RECKLESS ROAD wrote:this sounded like mine a couple of weeks ago, are there any codes showing ? mine had p0101 which was air mass sensor , the traction light came on then the hill start assist stopped working but wouldnt happen every journey, it was the wiring loom across the top of engine had rubbed against the rubber cover and cut some wires

mine is a 2016 l4 h3 jumbo with the 2.2 engine , it had 197,000 miles when the fault began, i thought it was a mass air flow sensor fault but it didnt happen every time, infact i could do a couple of hundred miles then it would come on, another fault i had was outside temp kept reading -40 on start up ,ford found the fault and repaired it and also cut a little it of rubber away from the cover so as it didnt rub anymore
RECKLESS ROAD
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby mcbutler » Sun Feb 14, 2021 6:29 pm

RECKLESS ROAD wrote:
mcbutler wrote:

mine is a 2016 l4 h3 jumbo with the 2.2 engine , it had 197,000 miles when the fault began, i thought it was a mass air flow sensor fault but it didnt happen every time, infact i could do a couple of hundred miles then it would come on, another fault i had was outside temp kept reading -40 on start up ,ford found the fault and repaired it and also cut a little it of rubber away from the cover so as it didnt rub anymore

Thanks Reckless, mine has only 90K on it, I will check the rubber engine cover tomorrow. Also changing all my discs so will check the rings for ABS, cant remember what they are called - anyone???
mcbutler
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Return to Mk8 Fourth Generation Transits