*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

After 7 Injectors, 1 fuel filter, 1 pressure sensor etc.

The all new 2013 Transit Mk8 Forum. Transits 2013+

After 7 Injectors, 1 fuel filter, 1 pressure sensor etc.

Postby RabbitStu » Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:07 am

So I just wanted to do a catch up post after my 2 previous here:

viewtopic.php?f=64&t=203768
viewtopic.php?f=64&t=204454

After the 7th replacement injector was fitted recently along with a new fuel pressure sensor (at my request) my van drove better than I'd ever known since purchasing 16 months or so prior.

Throttle response was amazing, engine was noticeably smoother to listen to and the power delivery was WAY up. So much so that I had to adjust my brain to accommodate as I managed to spin the wheels up out of junctions a couple of times.

But... that didn't last long (6 driven days in fact). My perpetual rev-hang issue (discussed in the top link above ) returned and brought back the old running. Engine is less smooth, power decreased back to where it was pre-7th injector.

So now I've managed to get Ford Commercial support involved and it will be going back soon.

QUESTION:
One thing I've asked Ford and didn't get a clear answer (and no idea if it's connected to any other issues at all) is about the clutch/rev blip

When you work the clutch, the revs can 'jump' to prepare for setting off (like anti-stall protection)

But mine is very inconsistent. Does anyone know if it is it supposed to blip every time, or only on hills or whatever?

I've finally splashed out and bought a GoPro to attach to the dash so I can film this rev-hang issue as Ford claim they 'cant replicate the problem' - Which I assume is their speak for 'We think it's just you mate'
RabbitStu
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Re: After 7 Injectors, 1 fuel filter, 1 pressure sensor etc.

Postby dumper » Thu Feb 18, 2021 4:25 pm

My 2.2 anti stall used to increase revs to 1200 rpm when letting out the clutch when in gear but then started doing it when not in gear when letting the clutch out had it into Ford to see if the revs could be adjusted to 1000 max of even turned off completely but to no avail.the works mk 7 only revved up to 1000 which I could have lived with I have now had it turned off by a independent so it can be turned off so it can be done with yours under warranty not a lot of help.
MK 8 L4 H3 Motorsport campervan
Past camper vans
1974 mk1 v4 with 2.0 pinto fitted
1986 mk3 2.5 di swb
1990 190 lwb 2.5 di
1998 100 lwb 2.5 di
2006 350 jumbo 135 tdci
dumper
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby austieman » Sun Feb 21, 2021 11:58 pm

I'd be very interested to see where this goes Stu. Hopefully Ford Commercial come up with an answer for you. Keep us posted!
Mk8 L3H3 2.0L
austieman
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby V184 » Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:52 pm

RabbitStu wrote:So I just wanted to do a catch up post after my 2 previous here:

viewtopic.php?f=64&t=203768
viewtopic.php?f=64&t=204454

After the 7th replacement injector was fitted recently along with a new fuel pressure sensor (at my request) my van drove better than I'd ever known since purchasing 16 months or so prior.

Throttle response was amazing, engine was noticeably smoother to listen to and the power delivery was WAY up. So much so that I had to adjust my brain to accommodate as I managed to spin the wheels up out of junctions a couple of times.

But... that didn't last long (6 driven days in fact). My perpetual rev-hang issue (discussed in the top link above ) returned and brought back the old running. Engine is less smooth, power decreased back to where it was pre-7th injector.

So now I've managed to get Ford Commercial support involved and it will be going back soon.

QUESTION:
One thing I've asked Ford and didn't get a clear answer (and no idea if it's connected to any other issues at all) is about the clutch/rev blip

When you work the clutch, the revs can 'jump' to prepare for setting off (like anti-stall protection)

But mine is very inconsistent. Does anyone know if it is it supposed to blip every time, or only on hills or whatever?

I've finally splashed out and bought a GoPro to attach to the dash so I can film this rev-hang issue as Ford claim they 'cant replicate the problem' - Which I assume is their speak for 'We think it's just you mate'

Which dealer is it ?
V184
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Return to Mk8 Fourth Generation Transits