*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

2017 EcoBlue 2.0 issues. Need advice !

The all new 2013 Transit Mk8 Forum. Transits 2013+

2017 EcoBlue 2.0 issues. Need advice !

Postby TonyFoxman » Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:27 pm

Hi! , i recently purchased a mk8 2017 ecoblue, van has said service required since owning. I naively thought it was a normal service, but evidently not ... the van has power at the bottom end not the top, had it plugged in reported the following :
P008B:00-EC - Low pressure Fuel Sytem pressure too high.
P027c:00-AF - Fuel pump Module B Control Circuit Range/ Performance
P027C:00-AF: Fuel pump Module B Control Circuit Low
P1671 13-EC : Secondary fuel pump relay - Circuit open.
So checking all the fuses relays etc i found that the fuel pump relay was completely missing from under the steering wheel fuse box (presumed that it was wrong in the handbook) but swapped it out for another relay (high power fan) and the open circuit fault dissapeared.. revealing the following codes :
P1664 Injection Pump Control Module Malfunction - circuit current out of range
P008B:00-EC - Low pressure Fuel Sytem pressure too high.

So my questions are :
1. What relay do i need to purchase for the van ? as i dont want to install the wrong one even though it fit it was 70A... and if you dont have the original it seems impossible to source According to ford anyway ?

2.Where should i start and how should i diagnose the new faults which have appeared ? as online info seems quite limited..
Ive only owned the van just over a week and the seller has offered a warranty with the van but id rather resolve myself if possible, and also the seller isnt being very helpful and the last thing id want to do is take the van up there again... i know the injectors are known on these the vehicle has done 118k... Appriciate any help at all !
TonyFoxman

Re: 2017 EcoBlue 2.0 issues. Need advice !

Postby Kieran_1988 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 11:08 am

Hey. Have the same model only it's 2018. Bought it from ford with 17k on the clock ex demo model. Was having the same issue 1 week after purchase but had seen from the book was only serviced. Took it back had them check it out turned out needed 2 brand 2 injectors. Lucky enough was done under warranty and since haven't had the issue since.

Hope this helps.
Kieran_1988

Return to Mk8 Fourth Generation Transits