*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Mk8 no power at reverse switch

The all new 2013 Transit Mk8 Forum. Transits 2013+

Mk8 no power at reverse switch

Postby niknakpaddywack#9974 » Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:29 pm

Hi,
Mk8 350 rwd,
I installed an aftermarket camera, the power for the monitor is direct from the battery with inline fuse,this still works, and the power for the camera is from the lh rear light, spliced into the reverse wire, earthed to the body, all worked fine for about 3 days, then no reversing lights both sides, and so no power at the camera, i checked each fuse and all good, and the brake lights and tail lights work (which i believe are the same fuse as the reversing lights) iv tried the reversing switch or at least what i believe is the reversing switch (back if the gearbox on lhs at the top) and there is no power to either prong inside the plug there, nothing happens when i bridge the 2 either. help! fuses good, no power at reverse light switch, this has to be something to do with the camera or just a coincidence?
niknakpaddywack#9974

Re: Mk8 no power at reverse switch

Postby workbox » Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:19 pm

niknakpaddywack#9974 wrote:Hi,
Mk8 350 rwd,
I installed an aftermarket camera, the power for the monitor is direct from the battery with inline fuse,this still works, and the power for the camera is from the lh rear light, spliced into the reverse wire, earthed to the body, all worked fine for about 3 days, then no reversing lights both sides, and so no power at the camera, i checked each fuse and all good, and the brake lights and tail lights work (which i believe are the same fuse as the reversing lights) iv tried the reversing switch or at least what i believe is the reversing switch (back if the gearbox on lhs at the top) and there is no power to either prong inside the plug there, nothing happens when i bridge the 2 either. help! fuses good, no power at reverse light switch, this has to be something to do with the camera or just a coincidence?

This link might help

https://fordtransit.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=174160

Did you check reverse light bulbs?
workbox
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Re: Mk8 no power at reverse switch

Postby Digahole78 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:03 pm

I spliced mine in at the loom in the pillar on drivers side. Can't remember colour off top of my head.green and yellow possibly. Multimeter will let you know. If there is power to reverse lights you should be able to get it working.
Digahole78
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Return to Mk8 Fourth Generation Transits