*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Locked in - Sliding door malfunction?

The all new 2013 Transit Mk8 Forum. Transits 2013+

Locked in - Sliding door malfunction?

Postby Dr. Rudi » Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:36 am

Hi, was working in the rear of my 2013 High roof 6 speed manual yesterday...vehicle unlocked, keys in ignition, front doors and rear barn doors all closed. Once inside, I've closed the side slider. When I went to open it, handle wouldn't work (I thought it would break if I put any more pressure on it). Cargo barrier prevented me accessing front cabin. Rear barn door interior sliding latch hard to access due to fit out (and historically, it hasn't always worked). I'm now locked in, no mobile phone. Eventually rescued by my partner, who came looking for me. She was able to open drivers door, so I know that wasn't locked. She removed keys and pressed all the buttons on the remote (Not very familiar with them and a bit panicked). Was able to open the rear doors and once outside I was able to open the slider. My question is...does the cargo area only "self-lock" or do I just have a temperamental inside door handle on my side slider? I have now installed an "emergency hammer" to break a window if it happens again. Thanks in advance.
Dr. Rudi

Return to Mk8 Fourth Generation Transits