*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Transit mk8 electric windows not working..

The all new 2013 Transit Mk8 Forum. Transits 2013+

Transit mk8 electric windows not working..

Postby Wright-way » Sun Apr 11, 2021 12:03 pm

I have a 2015 LWB transit MK8, the driver side window controls have stopped working. It will not operate the drivers window or the passenger window, if I lean over and operate from the passenger side that window works fine.. have tried changing the actually switch module but still not working.... fuses all okay..

anyone had the same problem.??
Wright-way

Re: Transit mk8 electric windows not working..

Postby Ray Austin » Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:46 pm

Our stopped working recently. If you remove the switch out of the door card and remove cables there are some phillips screws if they are removed and the switch taken apart it can be cleaned and then put back together it will then work. Take some picture so you know how it goes back together.
Ray Austin
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby mcbutler » Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:41 am

Ray Austin wrote:Our stopped working recently. If you remove the switch out of the door card and remove cables there are some phillips screws if they are removed and the switch taken apart it can be cleaned and then put back together it will then work. Take some picture so you know how it goes back together.
OP states he has already replaced the switch!
2014 Mk 8 Jumbo 350 2.2 RWD single rear wheels
mcbutler
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Digahole78 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:56 pm

My 2014 had the same issue. I had corroded pins in the connector between door and van due to water ingress. Common from what I've seen. Pins are tiny and break easily. I bodged a fix few months ago which has now failed again just as the sun has started shining. I'm opting to replace door loom this round as the pins are on the door loom which is lucky. Also heard of wires breaking in van to door section of loom. Worth an investigation. Right pain to get to. Not much slack to pull through to allow investigation. Hope that helps.
Digahole78
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Digahole78 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 11:19 am

I replaced loom in my door and mine are all working perfectly now. £90 for the 2nd hand loom which was hard to swallow but worth it after the carnage a previous owner left behind. Old connector was beyond salvaging. Based on staining I'd assume water ingress was original reason for it failing and being bodge fixed.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Digahole78
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Return to Mk8 Fourth Generation Transits