*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Water INGRESS loom short, injector short, suspect Ecu fault

The all new 2013 Transit Mk8 Forum. Transits 2013+

Water INGRESS loom short, injector short, suspect Ecu fault

Postby George Lamm » Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:42 pm

Hi all,

I could do with some advice and help.

I'm a new owner of a 2016 transit 350 125hp lwb H3 90k miles.
Bought from a dealer and 10 days in it broke down and AA recovered me to a garage.
Codes:
P250C00 - engine oil sensor
Short to B+.P126200 - injector cylinder - engine malfunction

The dealer is being helpful and wants to be sent quotes for the fix.

Spoke to the garage today and they are saying water damage to the loom, the No2 injector is suspected to have been shorted, and a fault has been traced to the ecu sending pulse messages causing the van to going into limp mode and miss fire.

Hope that makes sense. This is my first van and I've had the luxary of not needing a vehicle for 7 years. Was nervous about this big purchase, biggest investment as i am just starting out on my own, it took me 2 months looking.

How can I make sure this will be the right fix? Or should I consider returning the van and start looking for a van again?

Any advice would be much appreciated

Regards

George
George Lamm
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Re: Water INGRESS loom short, injector short, suspect Ecu fa

Postby Willber37 » Wed Apr 14, 2021 11:03 pm

Water ingress would suggest that water is finding its way through the scuttle trim, have a read of this : https://fordtransit.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=205472
I would make sure it has the upgraded parts as mentioned in that thread, physically test to see how water is getting through in the first place. Water can slowly get through the very middle of my scuttle,.. I'm trying to decide whether to weld it shut with Sikaflex or not. Such a poor design.

Hope you get it sorted, pretty bad luck.. at least you bought from a dealer!
Willber37
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby George Lamm » Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:30 am

Willber37 wrote:Water ingress would suggest that water is finding its way through the scuttle trim, have a read of this : https://fordtransit.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=205472
I would make sure it has the upgraded parts as mentioned in that thread, physically test to see how water is getting through in the first place. Water can slowly get through the very middle of my scuttle,.. I'm trying to decide whether to weld it shut with Sikaflex or not. Such a poor design.

Hope you get it sorted, pretty bad luck.. at least you bought from a dealer!

Thanks. Yeah bit of bad luck tbh. Spoke to a local Ford transit centre in Hertfordshire they can see the van until 3 weeks. I have 15 days left to decide whether to do the fix or drop it back to the dealer.
George Lamm
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby George Lamm » Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:29 am

I am returning the vehicle back. Only options available are 2.0 ecoblues
George Lamm
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Return to Mk8 Fourth Generation Transits