*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Transit MK8 DPF Software update

The all new 2013 Transit Mk8 Forum. Transits 2013+

Transit MK8 DPF Software update

Postby Recluze » Mon May 17, 2021 2:25 pm

Hello,
upgraded my fleet to new transit and instantly regretting the decision when all the vehicles are starting to get thier DPFs clogged. been told there is a new software available from ford which cures the issues. basically these vans are the worst nightmare if you are doing majority of your work as local driving. perfect if you got motorwary driving included as that allows constant regen but thats not achieved on local driving. however there is a software update from Ford available. can some one shed some light on this please. is it available on our Launch Diagnostic tools as well? came across this on Facebook. which further strenghtened the idea that there is a software update available.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Recluze

Re: Transit MK8 DPF Software update

Postby RECKLESS ROAD » Tue May 18, 2021 5:30 pm

Recluze wrote:Hello,
upgraded my fleet to new transit and instantly regretting the decision when all the vehicles are starting to get thier DPFs clogged. been told there is a new software available from ford which cures the issues. basically these vans are the worst nightmare if you are doing majority of your work as local driving. perfect if you got motorwary driving included as that allows constant regen but thats not achieved on local driving. however there is a software update from Ford available. can some one shed some light on this please. is it available on our Launch Diagnostic tools as well? came across this on Facebook. which further strenghtened the idea that there is a software update available.
when i first brought my mk8 it had a dpf blockage, it went into fords and now it regens every 100 miles so never have dpf problems now, so there must be software to add
RECKLESS ROAD
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby man le-mans » Tue May 18, 2021 7:06 pm

Had this few times then have to drive the van for 30ish miles to clear
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MK8 L2H2 T350 TREND 68 plate silver 130bhp
Mk7 MWB M/R T350 TREND 2010 SILVER 115BHP
MK7 MWB M/R T350 2009 BLUE 115BHP (crap)
MK6 MWB M/R T280 full electric pack silver 2003 85BHP
Smiley face T reg L/R SWB ex BT
man le-mans
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby JamesHow » Mon Jun 14, 2021 12:25 pm

Hi can you get this done at Ford or can my indie garage do it.

Mine has gone into limp mode garage suggests a new dpf may be needed.

If Ford can cause it to regen that would be great?

Cheers James
JamesHow
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby JamesHow » Sat Oct 02, 2021 10:45 am

My 2016 transit had a dpf full issue. Needed a ECU software update as suggested here.

https://www.busandcoachbuyer.com/transit-troubles/

Cheers James
JamesHow
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Return to Mk8 Fourth Generation Transits